Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drawing selections made! What did you guys put in for? heh heh!

Default Drawing selections made! What did you guys put in for? heh heh!

Well, my son and I can finally apply together for party tags for next season. He had to be 10 and complete his hunter education (Thanks AKDoug!). So he got that done last summer and turns 10 in February!

So, now with any luck, Bob and I will be hunting sheep, bison and goats next fall! I applied this morning and the site worked well!

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

I applied right away this morning, figured if I get first in line I'm guaranteed at least two tags. I donated $80 for me and $30 for my daughter. We put Amber in for her first hunt when she was 9, but because she turned 10 in April she could apply. In August she filled her first draw tag on a moose! Hope Bob has the same kinda luck! Amber drew again this year and we are still trying to fill her moose tag. We nearly scored on caribou in September when we came down and stayed with you, but it looks like we'll still have time this winter to notch that tag.

Jerod,
    I hear ya! I'm counting on Bob's luck to get us both a bison tag and sheep tag! Think it cost me $190 for what I applied for with him under the party system, plus I always get my hunt/fish/trap license at the tame time. Good luck with that caribou tag! You shouldn't have any problem, as all indications are the season will be open all winter.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Denali caribou tag(s).. this time im puting all 5 of us in this year for some reason we lucked out.. Hope the luck carries over..

I'm holding out for the Govnah's sheep tag.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Nothing, I don't believe in the draw system, its all a scam.

I applied for a muzzleloader tag. Good excuse to buy a new smokepole if I do draw!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Not if you got the money and know the right people

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    Denali caribou tag(s).. this time im puting all 5 of us in this year for some reason we lucked out.. Hope the luck carries over..
    Lookin for a road accessible spot. You n ow a good one?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

$385.00 worth.... <GROAN!!!!!!!!!!>
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

SO... since they took all the draw tags for 13 and made them unit wide this year... hows it going to work, for not being able to apply for the one you drew last year?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Haven't applied just yet, but will most certainly do so. You never know when you will get lucky and draw a tag, well worth the few bucks. I have drawn any bull moose tag, caribou, and believe it or not, bison...one of the hardest to get lucky on. If you just keep applying, you may eventually get picked, if you don't apply, you will never get chosen. Good luck to all in the drawing process!
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    SO... since they took all the draw tags for 13 and made them unit wide this year... hows it going to work, for not being able to apply for the one you drew last year?
    I would think it would be the original hunt number that you applied for and drew a tag on that hunt number, that you couldn't apply for that hunt number again this year.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Isn't a draw system based on POINTS a more fair system?? The more years applied the more preference points you get. First and second timers might get lucky but those with several years get their tag then start over the next year.

I won't be applying for any tags until 2013 and have had the opportunity to checkout the area and animal numbers. Good pre-season scouting and a HT might beat the drawing system. You still have to find your prey. Being old and retired may help with locating the beast of my choice. I'll have all the time as long as the money holds out...

Quote Originally Posted by nuskovich View Post
    Isn't a draw system based on POINTS a more fair system?? The more years applied the more preference points you get. First and second timers might get lucky but those with several years get their tag then start over the next year.

I won't be applying for any tags until 2013 and have had the opportunity to checkout the area and animal numbers. Good pre-season scouting and a HT might beat the drawing system. You still have to find your prey. Being old and retired may help with locating the beast of my choice. I'll have all the time as long as the money holds out...
    Lots of folks think it's a guarantee that you'll wait 20 years for that sheep tag under a points system. At least you have a shot the way it's set up now.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...cessible-areas
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Looking at the supplement in front of me, I see DC480,DC481,DC482,DC483.. 2 of my kids last year drew 481, and the wife and other kid drew 483 if my memory serves me right.. I plan to put in for 3 of these 4 hunts again.. all 5 of us..

so I guess to answer the question, since they received a drawing permit last year they cant draw that one.. ADFG combined the area to be all of unit 13..but in the mail, they in fact received a DC481 tag.. which gives me the option to apply for 480, 482, 483.... (483 those 2 kids will lapply for the other 3, and visa versa).. Im tracking the regs and changes..

Quote Originally Posted by nuskovich View Post

fair? in a mathematical sense? or in a sense that we owe a segment of the population more opportunity? I guess its a matter of perspective.

Some people have lots of kids so their family would have a greater chance of getting a tag. Double your chances of getting drawn via party applications?

.... What critters are you looking for? For a guaranteed tag-consider tier caribou. Or for moose, how about a tag that has had a high percentage of getting drawn.

If you like preference, consider standing in line in Nenana for that RM moose tag in August. Or pick up one of them RM bear tags on the Kenai? Or a RM antlerless moose tag for minto?

There are lots of opportunities out there.

so I guess to answer the question, since they received a drawing permit last year they cant draw that one.. ADFG combined the area to be all of unit 13..but in the mail, they in fact received a DC481 tag.. which gives me the option to apply for 480, 482, 483.... (483 those 2 kids will lapply for the other 3, and visa versa).. Im tracking the regs and changes..
    That's my understanding!

Where does it say unit 13 caribou is now combined under 1 tag?? Supplement still shows 4 draw tags that encompass 13.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Where does it say unit 13 caribou is now combined under 1 tag?? Supplement still shows 4 draw tags that encompass 13.
    I think it was just for last seasons draw that they combined all the caribou hunt numbers for all of unit 13, after drawing more tag winners. They could certainly do that again for the next season, actually it makes sense this way if they want to get their quota of caribou harvested, as they do wander around a bit. Though obviously there would be more hunters wherever the caribou are.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast