Thread: Road/atv accessible sheep hunts

Default Road/atv accessible sheep hunts

What are some good road accessible or atv sheep hunts. About to apply for next years drawings and clueless . Also what are some of the better areas to put in for. Planning for next year and need some ideas to focus in on.

unit 14C...road all the way around it almost....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Unit 25 or 24 for road based walk in access. Don't need a drawing for that.

Parts of unit 13 and 14 for ATV or road access . Don't need a drawing for some parts of 14 or most of 13. Road accessible parts of unit 14 kill several people a year just cuz it can. (which smiley face for serious but sarcastic?)

Large section of unit 12 for road and walk in access. Don't need a drawing for that. You will need good land ownership info.

Unit 11 has road and walk in access. Don't need a drawing for that. Need a good land ownership map.

You need to look at the maps in the draw suppliment as well as the main game unit maps. They show roads on those maps. Kind of handy thing to know.

Review the last page of the suppliment and note which sheep hunts have the most applications compared to number of permits. Put in for those. Your success rate is less than about 2% - if not below 1% on some permit areas - but those are once in a lifetime hunts. Keep in mind that these may not be road or atv accessible. Could be the reason there are decent sheep in that area that people want a shot at.

Thanks looking into some of those. I found some info on the site eralier this year that had the your odds of being drawn for certain hunts, but I cant find it again anyone know where in the ADFG website it is located.

YOu are NEVER going to get someone over the internet to tell you a good sheep hunting shot over the internet. If they did tell you over the internet it wouldn't be a good spot for that long.

I agree 100% swapdonlkey. So lets be clear donot give me your hotpsot!!!! just get me close . No but seriously not looking for your hotspots probably wouldnt help with my luck anyways. Just trying to get some general ideas of drawings to apply for next year that are accesible within my budget and current means such as my truck and ATV.

Put in for hunts that you intend to hunt if you draw,it's truly amazing how many of those lifetime tags go unhunted. Most all sheep hunt draw hunts are as good as you make them and definetely hold good sheep. Lots of good info right on adfg including harvest data from previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    unit 14C...road all the way around it almost....
    Ahhhh come on Jake you know there's no sheep left in the park.....

Default Road/atv accessible sheep hunts

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota boy View Post
    About to apply for next years drawings and clueless.
    Ahh the age old question. You should start with the regs, then maps. Talk to Fish and game and some biologists. Might even see a few on Google Earth.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed