Thread: Winter weight oil for fourwheeler

Default Winter weight oil for fourwheeler

Looking to power wash and lube up the fourwheeler before the winter plow season. I will be using my fourwheeler for plowing, ice fishing and just plain fun all winter. What weight are guys running in their fourwheelers or am I getting too concerned. Just time to change the oil and thought if there was a prevalent preference I would go with that motor oil. Thanks and Hope all have a fun winter.

I use 0W30 in my rig year round. Works great.

I run Yamalube 10W-40 all year in my Grizzly. I also keep my wheeler in the garage in the winter so it doesn't take forever to warm up for plowing.

0w-40 Mobil 1 year round. Wally world has it.

Quote Originally Posted by MORSNO View Post
    I run Yamalube 10W-40 all year in my Grizzly. I also keep my wheeler in the garage in the winter so it doesn't take forever to warm up for plowing.
    5W-30 is my winter oil. Lucky Grizzly you've got. Mine (with plow also) lives in an unheated shed. Warm up? That's for my Polaris that has a carb. My Grizzly's EFI is wonderful. Year round, a little jab to the starter motor and she's idling nicely, and warms up as I run around deciding which part gets plowed first today.

0-30 Amsoil year-round in all my small engines. Two thumbs up. Definitely lets cold engines spin easier at start-up.

I run Shell rotella t 15-40 in mine, has been starting fine for these cool mornings we had. good oil even though it is mainly marketed for diesels it is widely used for motorcyles and atv, use it in my f250 diesel truck as well(year round); $12.97 a gallon at wallys. If I lived up north where it gets really cold i'd consider a different lighter weight oil though or store it in a heated garage

Default Winter weight oil for fourwheeler

Any good 10w40.....
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..