Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mat-Su Finger Lake

Default Mat-Su Finger Lake

Has anyone been out to Finger Lake latley to check the ice conditions? It should be the first lake to open that we can put boats in to run up the motors for the first time of the year. I'm sure it is not ready yet but has it started to break away from the shorline? Once it start to break away, it should only be a week or so before ice out.

Don't forget Cottonwood Lake just to the west of Finger Lake. The access isn't as nice as Finger Lake but it still works.

There is open water along the shore where Finger Lake is visible from Bogard Rd.

Default water

Don,t know about finger. But we were at Big Lake, Looking at duckworth,s Lake still frozen, watched a kid come across it on a four wheeler!!! Be awhile there...

Default Finger Lake

I stopped by Finger lake Friday afternoon and saw somebody in about a 20' riverboat w/outboard zipping back and forth from the launch for about a 75 yards and the channel was about 30'-50' wide. Not a lot of room but enough to run a motor.

Anyone checked the lakes this week yet? Should be real close. I would think finger would be broken by the weekend if there was enough for someone to motor around last weekend as posted earlier.

Default open water on Finger Lake

Finger Lake is pretty much completely open, might be pretty crowded this weekend. I saw a boat on Wasilla lake tonight but still lots of thin ice, I bet it will be gone by Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk_ranch View Post
    Finger Lake is pretty much completely open, might be pretty crowded this weekend. I saw a boat on Wasilla lake tonight but still lots of thin ice, I bet it will be gone by Sunday.
    If my other lake is not open, I will be on Finger doing a motor check this weekend. Say Hi if you are out.

Mike

Thanks for the update folks saves me a trip to the valley. I will hit one of them Sunday!!!

Sounds like we will need a traffic cop. Any volunteers?

Mike

Default Did I hear this correctly

Is finger lake open?? If so I will be there this coming weekend. Im dying to get out and play. And make sure everything works perfect. Let me know please. Thanks Chris

bruinman

Fingerlake is all open I hope to get my boat at next Sat. Chris

Default Finger

I was there today, all open no ice, It was a zoo!! Place was packed, guy dropped trailer off ramp, was blocking one side,, That backed everthing up for a while, Good side new used boat i bought seems, to be up to snuff. Be headed for big su next weekend any news there??

susitnaak

I looked at the deska landing web page big su is open until you get about a mile from the Deska and then there is a big ice jam. The low water lauch is good the normal lauch you can use but the water is low also the left side with the pilings they are saying dont use because its falling apart. Man I wish they would do some improvements. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by SusitnaAk View Post
    I was there today, all open no ice, It was a zoo!! Place was packed, guy dropped trailer off ramp, was blocking one side,, That backed everthing up for a while, Good side new used boat i bought seems, to be up to snuff. Be headed for big su next weekend any news there??
    I was there too. A total zoo. Good thing people were only there for a quick motor check. Lets all hope for the Big Su next weekend.

Mike

Default Deshka

Ya, Chris i agree, I,m owner member there, My boat stays, right there, i have to deal with every weekend!!! There Lots, that has to be done . But its not just a matter of taking the cat down there, Theres, permits, corps, of engineers, Lets you do so much at certain times, ect.....ect... Still better that the old days all the way up to susitna landing or running the willow!!! Hang in there!!! LOL fishing,

I waited till later in the afternoon to visit Finger Lake. There were plenty of boats leaving as I was coming in. Both in and out was a breeze since I missed the crowd.

SUSITNAAK
    Ya your right just gets frustrating at times. I leave my boat at the landing also maybe we could run togather sometime. What type of boat your running. I have a 22 Woolridge 460.

Ihave bought a used custom build boat they kinda copied your wolly design, 350 212 2.4 turbo. i,ll post a pic, someday if i knew how?? Anyways That would be fun, i,m down around mouth of yenta, I,m sure we meet some time, fun put name with face, Jeff

SusitnaAk
    Do you have the house with the blue roof at the mouth of the Yetna? If so you met my father-in-law he is building a cabin/house at fish creek up kroto slough. Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast