Thread: Kodiak-Anton Larsen Bay

Default Kodiak-Anton Larsen Bay

Just curious how the fishing is in/around Anton Larsen Bay? Moved to Kodiak a few months ago and I am going to pick up aboat one of these days. Are there many halibut, rockfish out that way? Any info would be appreciated, thank you.

I heard kings were going good out there last weekend, figures as I was out in Chiniak. make the run to Whale Pass if you have th boat and weather. Be carefull on the road going over.

Thanks for the input, I dont currently have a boat on the island, looking to buy one. Is the halibut fishing good out there through the year? Is the better fishing within the bay or outside?

Don't know anything about Kodiak but wish I did! I do know you can learn a world of good things by hiring a charter and LISTENING first, maybe ask a few questions. I did that a few times before getting my own boat for PWS. I am not a charter guy, and don't know any, but I see Kodiak Combo on this forum, and he is and I think there may be others. They share an awful lot of info on the forum, and I think you might get even more when you charter them for a trip. Besides having a good time, and hopefully catching some fish, you can learn a lot...about boats as well as fishing. Good luck, take your time getting that boat and getting used to it before you take on any big water!