Thread: Back from kodiak deer hunt.

Default Back from kodiak deer hunt.

Came back from Kodiak yesterday. Man what a ferry ride. The crew said 20-25' waves and sustained 55mph wind. People were sliding back and forth across the deck in their sleeping bags all night. Went to west side of island. We saw 7 deer and managed to take 4. 2 decent bucks, one small buck and a doe. Weather was pretty good. A couple of days of light showers and the rest were sunshine and very little wind. We saw one bear take two of the gut piles but that was all. The first photo is a friend named Matt, he has the "bears are in the woods look" the next one is of myself. I have the "I'm way to old for this *****" look.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Back from kodiak deer hunt.

Those are some dandy bucks! I can't wait to go

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Good job. I was on Afognak 2 weeks ago & saw 2 deer but didn't bother as I was looking for elk. That ferry ride is weird, we had probably 10-15' seas judging by the constant up/down sensation which I could NOT sleep through, plus we smacked into something hard enough to shake the whole boat, around 1am. I expected to hear "get on your life vests, the coast guards on its way"... but they slowed down for a bit and just kept going. I assume it was a big log.

congrats...I agree with the looks.lol
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Default Back from kodiak deer hunt.

Your buddy looks like he's seen a ghost.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I miss Kodiak and Afognak hunting trips. Gonna have to get back over there some day. Thanks for the memories!
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Nice Job ! Im headed out on Sunday for a hunt. Love the photos thanks for sharing !
    Pick A Spot

Nice job there,stay young.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by northernalberta View Post
    Good job. I was on Afognak 2 weeks ago & saw 2 deer but didn't bother as I was looking for elk. That ferry ride is weird, we had probably 10-15' seas judging by the constant up/down sensation which I could NOT sleep through, plus we smacked into something hard enough to shake the whole boat, around 1am. I expected to hear "get on your life vests, the coast guards on its way"... but they slowed down for a bit and just kept going. I assume it was a big log.

You'd be amazing at the vibrations sent through those big boats when a big wave breaks on the hull.