Thread: NorthWest Jet boat anyone heard/own one?

Default NorthWest Jet boat anyone heard/own one?

Wondering if anyone owns or have heard of NW Jet boats? Will be getting back from Iraq in a few months and next purchase will be a boat. Looking for something I can take on the bigger rivers,Whittier and Valdez when the weather is nice for fishing and hunting. Reason I ask is I have a friend who's uncle can get one for dealer cost and sent up to me from WA for nothing. He said he deals with other brand of jet boats but prefers the NW jets. What do you guys think? I will find out what other brand of boat he deals with. All I need to do is let im no what I'm interested in. Thanks

No one knows anything about them? I gave him my top 5 choices and he is going to see what he can do. Others were a Hewscraft,Phantom and Wooldrige in a few different models. I like the Phanton Alaskan Sportsman in the 21/22ft or the Wooldrige Sport or Sports Tour same 21/22ft.
    There are no dealers for the NW Jets that I no of in AK so he is looking into warrenty issues for me.Just trying to get some feedback.

I wouldn't buy a boat that didn't have a local dealer to deal with.

I would look for more info about the NW jetboats at the forum on this site.
    http://www.riverjetmagazine.com/

ya thats what I figured thanks for the link. Basically looking for a boat to go to Deshka,Copper maybe Yukon rivers and out to PWS to hunt and fish. Dont want anything to heavy any coments on the Phanton Alaskan Sport?

I bought a NW jet about 5 years ago down in Pasco. Got one heck of a deal on the boat, and have to say, that it is as good as any built today. The work is high quality, they look sharp, perform well, and have to say you cant lose with one of these. I run mine on the Deshka quite a bit, but have run on some pretty fast, very white water rivers and it does good in any setting. Its usually the loose nut holding the wheel that causes the trouble. As far as warranty. I had one thing that needed service just after I got it up here. I called NW jet, gave them some names of some boat fabricators, and was able to take it to Silver Streak Marine for the work, NW Jet paid for the work, no hassle, very easy to work with. The boat has had absolutely no problems since then. Good boat. If your getting that kind of a break on price, you'd be crazy not to take them up on it.

thanks for the info. What model did you go with out of the 4 IB jets they offer?

I got the "competitor" which isn't offered anymore. Its basically the Northstar, but is 19' instead of 20. Also narrower, I believe its 60" as opposed to 72".

Also, the pumps they usually put on are the SD309. Get one with either the HTRII or SDR reverse gates on them. The original HTR buckets had a bad habit of sand locking.

Default Northwest Jet

I was at the Seattle Boat show last month.
    I looked at every single aluminum boat.
    The Northwest Jet definitely had the edge on the fit and finish part.
    I've heard pretty good things about the ride as well.
    I was at Tom N Jerrys Boats in Mount Vernon Wa-(they are a dealer).
    I sat in one of theirs and was very impressed.
    You might give them a call and see what they can do for you.
    Good Luck !

I own a 06 19' Freedom model that I asolutely love. The fit and finish is as good if not better than anything out there and if you're looking for a boat that is going to spend any time in the big water then I cant think of a better one due to the 22 dagree rise in the bow. The are heavy duty and if you do have any trouble with it Wasilla Arctic Cat will do warranty work on them. I know this isnt the swap and sell forum but mine is looking for a new home. I bouhgt it band new in 07 and have only put 12 hours on it in 2 summers. I just cant justify it sitting in the yard any longer with no time to use it. If you have any questions, feel free.

JT

How much are you asking for your boat

[QUOTE=Jethead;454296]I own a 06 19' Freedom model that I asolutely love. The fit and finish is as good if not better than anything out there and if you're looking for a boat that is going to spend any time in the big water then I cant think of a better one due to the 22 dagree rise in the bow. The are heavy duty and if you do have any trouble with it Wasilla Arctic Cat will do warranty work on them. I know this isnt the swap and sell forum but mine is looking for a new home. I bouhgt it band new in 07 and have only put 12 hours on it in 2 summers. I just cant justify it sitting in the yard any longer with no time to use it. If you have any questions, feel free.
    How much are you asking for your boat?

Default Aurora

PM him to ask about his price for his boat. Just click on his name on his post and you will see the option to pm (Private mail) . Also, if he sells through the forums, they would ask a $50 sellers fee from him (5% or $50 whichever is lower).

About the NW Jetboats, never been in the water in one, but they are made at NW Marine in Pasco WA where I bought my Hewescraft. I sure admired the fit and finish on them, but the Hewes was closer to my needs, and I wasn't interested in a jet boat. I've looked at a lot of boats and the NW Jet sure looked like it was well made, and superbly finished, seats, welds, paint, setup etc.

Default "04" NW Jet (Northstar)

I purchased a new "04" Northstar in "06"! The boat never sold due to the color of the hull. When I called NW-Marine about the boat (I'd seen it on their website) they told me it was headed for the paint booth in 3 days. I chose to buy it with the original pain (Green) and have never looked back! I probably have around 40+/- hours on it and have only had one problem. Regardless of which one you buy, make sure that you have a fuel/water separator installed on it. I managed to get a slug of water complements of the fuel station, and it took out my fuel pump ($400.00).
    Fit and finish is second to none! I really like the front door/canvas feature where you don't have to unzip/unsnap to enter or exit the boat (mine was updated to the new style before I bought it). I run out of Fairbanks on the Chatanika River, which at times can be pretty skinny and hairy to run on. The boat performs flawlessly! It sticks where I want it to and handles like a dream! I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one! NW marine and Northwest have been great to deal with!

Northwest Jet boats are popular down here (the Boise Idaho area), they use them on the Snake, Payette and Salmon. I work with a guy who has a 19' Freedom and he loves it. Just for some perspective, he also drives a Custom Weld most of the summer for work and he told me that he thinks that his NW Jet is better made and has a more solid hull.

Considering the other boat options you mentioned and also considering that you want to take it in the ocean. I think you would not go wrong with the NW Jet because they are a sturdy boat that can take a beating.

At the boat show this year, I looked at the NW jets. When I buy my next boat I will seriously consider buying one.