Thread: Parallax Problems with Leupold VX-III 1.75 x 6.00

Default Parallax Problems with Leupold VX-III 1.75 x 6.00

As the title says, having fits with this scope. I have adjusted the focus, and still cannot get rid of the parallax. I have the scope mounted really far forward, as the eye relief is great. Would moving the scope back get rid of the parallax or did I end up with a bum scope. Any help would be very much appreciated, it is driving me nuts.

Not sure of what you are asking. All scopes have parallax but they are all set to be parallax free at certain ranges.
    What makes you think something is wrong with this scope?
    Tennessee

Question

I'm with Randy, I need more info.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I have parallax at 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, and 200 yards. I can set my rifle on sandbags at any of these distances move my head slightly one way or the other, either side to side or up and down and the target moves behind the reticle. I found a couple articles about this and it appears I have a bad objective lens or other lens problem within the scope.

Your scope is only supposed to be parallax free at one distance. After that then it will only cause a small difference in group size which is probably not noticeable by the average bench rest shooter, myself included as I am terrible off the bench.

How does the rifle group at 100 and 200 yards?
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by shallowrun View Post
    I have parallax at 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, and 200 yards. I can set my rifle on sandbags at any of these distances move my head slightly one way or the other, either side to side or up and down and the target moves behind the reticle. I found a couple articles about this and it appears I have a bad objective lens or other lens problem within the scope.
    You may have read one too many articles. Is this your first scope? Have you shot this thing to see where it shoots? If you took this to the range and looked through it at 25,50,75,100,150, & 200 yards and determined it has parralax error at those ranges, you would have to shoot it to do that. Something tells me you haven't shot it. When shooting, your face sticks to the stock in such a way for your eye to line up in the center of the scope tube, when you shoulder the rifle. If you need to move you head to get it to line up, the scope is not mounted right for you or the stock has the wrong drop, etc. I don't understand why you would move your head, it must be in the same place for every shot. What do you have for scope mounts?

Confused in Fairbanks.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?