Thread: New to Archery

Default New to Archery

I bought a new Bow for my son in law for Christmas. After seeing how much he liked it, I decided to give it a try also.

So, with that said, I bought a new BowTech set up and need to know where I can go and practice. I live in Soldotna.

Thanks for your time.
    AL7R

Default Practice

You may want to consider practicing in the back yard if you have the room now that its warmed up a little. I purchased a target for use with the broadheads or fieldtipped arrows and have been target shooting lately in my own back yard. Other than that check to see if there is a local range in your area. Mark out to 20 yards to start which should get you some idea on your familiararity with the target.

Default practice in soldotna

The "Kenai Peninsula Archers" club have a nice range on Arc loop in Soldotna, I have been shooting there for a couple of weeks now. They should be having their annual membership drive and cleanup soon, watch the paper, they usually run an ad.

KPA has a very nice range and there is one of the schools or churches that they shoot indoors , i think on friday evening. also if you catch me at home we could shoot in my back yard i have 10-12 3 D targets set up .....have not checked for moose and squirell damage this spring yet and soon a wandering bear will wack a few.
    PM me...if your interested.......i'm suppose to head out today for a week of brown bear hunting.so you may not get a reply quickly
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Thank you!

Thanks to all that repsonded. I am looking forward to some great bow hunting.

I would like to to try and catch up with you AK NIMROD. I head out for three weeks on May 10. Then home for three weeks.