Thread: halibut help

Default halibut help

I'm looking for suggestions for a charter out of seward or homer for a day of halibut fishing sometime the middle of August. I'm bringing up my wife and 3 kids for a couple weeks, and halibut is on our to-do list.Thanks

Default Seward Halibut Charter

One of the charters in Seward that i know personally is Last Frontier Adventures. It is a great time on their boat. You can contact them at www.lastfrontieradventures.com or (907) 622-3240.

Fish Killer

With 5 people, you may end up being herded onto a cattle boat. I'm nearly certain that any of the 6-pack boats would not have 5 spots open. Rainbow Charters, out of Homer, offers half-day trips for 100 bucks. You'll get your limit and save 100's of dollars. And plus, if the kids get sick, they'll only be sick for 2-3 hours vs. 4-6 hours. 3 green kids can't be good.
    "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Handwerk,

PM me an we can talk MN to MN.....

Capt. Bob looks like he has some open dates around that time. http://awardcharters.com
    We fished with him last July and he was 1st class all the way. In fact, we're fishin with him this 4th of July too! He's out of Homer...he'll take care you, and your family will have a blast.
    Last edited by seahawker; 04-29-2007 at 21:59. Reason: gotta make the link work

k-bay charters in homer or the fish house out of seward.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Please make sure you get information about the captain's attitude with children. One time when my two were younger, I took them out and according to the captain thay couldn't do anything right. I kept a watchful eye and they were not perfect and I would correct it but he would not let up. The second they would rest the pole on the hand rail (no fish on) he'd jump on them. No patience what so ever. They were 10 and 13. Needless to say, I've never gopne back. I found a great guy in Whittier now that's been great.

Cool Profish-n-sea Charters In Seward

I've Fished With Captain Steve Zernia, Benny & Kevin For Years And If Its Kids, A Great Crew And A Super Day Of Fishing You Need To Contact Profish-n-sea Now,now,now. Summer Charters Fill Fast And A Lot Are Already Full.

I Always Fish With These Guys With My Wife And Daughter And They Are Hands Down One Of The Best Bets In Seward. You Will Find A Warm Welcome, First Name Basis Help And If The Fish Aren't Biting In One Spot, Up Comes The Anchor And Off You Go To Another Secret Hole. Once You Fish With Steve And His Other Captains You Will Always Come Back For More.

If The Big Fish Are Bitin' These Guys'll Try Their Hardest To Find Them For You. Feel Free To Contact Me If You Need More Info.
    John Heron
    (907)688-9490