Thread: Wooldridge Alaskan II Prop Mod

Default Wooldridge Alaskan II Prop Mod

I decided to modify my 2005 Wooldridge 21ft Alaskan II so I could swap from prop to jet. I had 5 inches cut out of the transom and installed a jackplate. I bought a complete lower unit with water pump. So to change over I have to unbolt the lower unit and remove it, remove the shift cable from the engine. Install jet unit and connect shift cable to jet unit and neutral safety cable from jet to the engine. Then use the electric jackplate to raise the engine to correct level. Running the prop in Valdez this summer should make this feel like a new boat for about 3500.00 bucks. Got it all wired and ready, will start to do the final prep for my spring black bear hunt in a couple more weeks. Want to allow it to warm up a little more at night. I'm very excited about trying it out.

Steve

This is a before picture.

After from the right side.

From the left.

Default more pictures.

From the top, you can see the weld seem of the mod.

and the jet unit waiting for action.

Spring at last, Spring at last,

Steve

Jobs looks very professional. I hope you post back how happy you are with the jet running rivers.
    The jack plate seems like the easiest way to be able to convert back and forth but Wooldridge seems to be against it. It would make a difficult problem be easy to fix and less expensive as well.
    I am anxious to hear how you like it.
    Thanks for updating this forum with your progress.
    Tennessee