Thread: long range shooting school in fairbanks

Default long range shooting school in fairbanks

Any one interested in one.

Setting one up for the summer of 2013 course includes wind, slope ,turrets and more

Who are you going to have as an instructor/s ? Cost estimate?

Myself former army sniper and a one army sdm. Getting more info from cmp and the nra cert the course cost is going to be posted at a later date trying to find out the intrest from people from fairbanks .

Possibly interested. Already do a fair amount of shooting to 1K but certainly have more to learn. Doing something in Fai would be a lot more convenient than having to ship my kit to the lower 48 to attend formal training down there. Do you have an email address that you can be reached at?

Depending on dates I would be interested. I have never shot long distance and would love to learn about it.
    BEE

Attend your local highpower rifle matches. Typically we shoot out to 600 during the summer months. Good practice on a nice range.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Doug, where can one find info and schedules about such?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    Attend your local highpower rifle matches. Typically we shoot out to 600 during the summer months. Good practice on a nice range.
    Not to stir up a whole new topic, but what would be a good rifle/scope combo (IYO) to dedicate to learning to shoot at distance? I have no interest in long range hunting- just shooting.
    Thanks,
    Brian

The local Fairbanks matches are hosted by 21 mile gun club. Just do a search for "21milegun" and it should direct you to the website. There is a calender there. Winter matches are held at reduced,100yd range. Most folks are shooting iron sighted AR's out to 600 at the summer matches, but we are seeing more scoped bolt guns.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    The local Fairbanks matches are hosted by 21 mile gun club. Just do a search for "21milegun" and it should direct you to the website. There is a calender there. Winter matches are held at reduced,100yd range. Most folks are shooting iron sighted AR's out to 600 at the summer matches, but we are seeing more scoped bolt guns.
    Thanks. ("You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gunbugs again".)
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    Not to stir up a whole new topic, but what would be a good rifle/scope combo (IYO) to dedicate to learning to shoot at distance? I have no interest in long range hunting- just shooting.
    Thanks,
    Brian
    It depends on what you mean by distance... but basically you want a good action/barrel/stock platform with solid mounts/rings and reliable/repeatable turret scope. If you want to know about LR shooting this is not the site to get informed. Go to LRH.