Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Alaska Experience! Vid

Default My Alaska Experience! Vid

Hey Guys, Check out my first AK experience...LB hooked us up!!

I cant wait to get back up there!

Episode 1

Episode 2

Keep'em coming!

We're waiting for more!!
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

I suppose I need to be more tech smart so I will ask the question. Your link ask for one to join some group or site so I can only assume that has something to do with the way this is posted. So does one need to sign in and obatain another User ID and password in order to review.

On another note glad you had a great time and LB hooked you up.

RMM

BMoose,

That Vimeo service that Todd used to post his video does ask people to join, but you can watch the videos without joining, logging in or anything like that.

Dave

Bummer tried wants me to download a new version of something. I must be geeting to old to understand updating my Flash Player every week. I am sure it is a great video. There you have it I need a Nap!

Thanks Jaydog for chiming in.

Episode 3

Great videos thanks for sharing

The story is looking more interesting now! When is episode #4?

Great videos can wait for the next one
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
    The story is looking more interesting now! When is episode #4?

Yea..........waiting for #4 buddy!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Enjoyed the videos. Looks like your adventure in Part Three just became a bit more stimulating!

What brand shoulder holster is that you're wearing?? Appears to be very handy.

L.W.

http://www.diamonddcustomleather.com/Chest_Holsters.php

The holster was definately very handy, especially while wearing waders.

Coming up quickly guys. I appreciate al lof the positive feedback. I am glad that you all enjoy, your keeping me motivated to get working on the next episode

I waited an hour for the last one to finally buffer on the slow internet here in Afghanistan and it was worth every second! I am looking forward to the next one!

Burgerta, thanks for the information on that Diamond holster. Looks like real "gem." (Little pun there. )

L.W.

Thanks for the vids, dont think those Pacrafts are suited for that type of hunting, was thinking about buying one but not anymore

Default durability

BY packraft standards they are serious rig's. They are perfectly suitable for moose hunting in the right setting if you are carefull and smart enough to take it slow and easy when it calls for easy going. I could not have hunted this creek with any other boat. The Big Rig's allowed us to access a creek that was too shallow for any other boat and also therefore the creek had no previous hunting pressure. What you gain in lightweight accessibility you compromise in durability. Its important to know the limits of any piece of gear being used in a remote area. I got careless an paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter02 View Post
    Thanks for the vids, dont think those Pacrafts are suited for that type of hunting, was thinking about buying one but not anymore

Quote Originally Posted by burgerta View Post
    Episode 3

Nice job on the improvised catacanoe! Looking forward to seeing how it worked out for you guys.

Default Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by burgerta View Post
    BY packraft standards they are serious rig's. They are perfectly suitable for moose hunting in the right setting if you are carefull and smart enough to take it slow and easy when it calls for easy going. I could not have hunted this creek with any other boat. The Big Rig's allowed us to access a creek that was too shallow for any other boat and also therefore the creek had no previous hunting pressure. What you gain in lightweight accessibility you compromise in durability. Its important to know the limits of any piece of gear being used in a remote area. I got careless an paid for it.
    By packract standards it maybe a serious rig, but but moose float hunting standards its lacking. I have more than and dozen float hunts under my belt, I have drug countless miles, loaded and unloaded to many times for my taste. Have hunted from round boats, Catarafts, and propioneers, they all have their place to include the Packrafts. But float hunting for moose on a river/creek like you had that was not the rig. Not even close to being durable enough. all it takes is one little mistake (you know that) and your have big problems. Catch a sweeper, a rock under the surface that you didnt see, get pushed into the back on a bend in the river and its over. You were going to be dragging no matter what you brought, but a propioneer or equivilant would have been a better choice, a bit more weight but they dont draw anymore water empty than yours.

what do you think was going to happen if you hit something fully loaded and maxed out (which would have happened with a moose)? one sharp stick and its over, one sharp rock and its over

Just my 2cents

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast