Thread: Shocks!?

Default Shocks!?

Well I was adding in a wheel kit to my M7 and tampered with the front shock on the rear suspension. It is a fox zero pro shock.

The problem: I unscrewed the small screw at the bottom of the shock and a little bit of pressure escaped. I then tightened it again, but apparently tightened it to tight as it broke the gasket on this screw and it seems to be leaking fox shock oil now.

Solution-what should I do? It seems like it needs to be pressurized again, and needs that rubber gasket for the screw. Do I just take it to the Arctic Cat dealer?

Take it in and have it rebuilt. The fox shock can be rebuilt by any dealer or motorsport shop. Usually not expensive. I would have them rebuild all four of your shocks while your at it. Gives you an oppertunity to have them valved for your riding style and then don't mess with little screws that you don't know what they do.

Call Dan Rizner - 830-0297
    Dan works out of his house in South Anchorage and my understanding is that he does a lot of the shock rebuilds for many of the shops around town. He has a great reputation, reasonable rates, and quick turn around time.

Default Shocks!?

Ryznar knows his ****. He's one of the top shock guys in the area.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Shocks!?

Cool cal is best in town.....
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Default Shocks!?

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Cool cal is best in town.....
    Who? Never heard of him.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Shocks!?

Cal be around for years lot of cross country guys and snow cross use him. Pm if want his number. He won't start rebuilding shocks for another week.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..