Thread: New PSE Bow

Default New PSE Bow

Wondering if anyone has been around the new X-force by PSE. Supposedly it will shoot @350fps. Any pro's or con's? would definately think about getting this for moose so looking for ant input.

Default New PSE

I have not seen one yet but did see a program where one was used. A fellow took a very long shot at a mulie, popped him like a pro, he was, and the mulie ran full speed and then died. Kinda looked like a wobbly slide into third base at 25 mph! Everything was perfect on TV. So it looked like it worked well. I apologize in advance for not being able to help at all.

In archery, speed sells. In cars and music, looks and speed. I haven't seen a superfast bow that didn't have its weaknesses because all of that speed amplifies any mistakes on the shooter's part. They become twitchy...or maybe it is me. Are many folks still shooting overdraws these days?

Default 150 fps

It's ture if you shoot the right configuration. With the high arrow speeds it will make mistakes more pronounced. While using broadheads, I think you should use a top of the line broadhead and then tune it to your bow. Most broadheads made today require little tuning if any. At higher speeds you might encounter some problems. The technology is out there but as new faster bows come out, the brodhead manufactures are faced with new problems to overcome.

Happy shooting!!!

Use watcha got and stalk closer!! Besides, thats half the fun!

Default Follow Up

Hunting is what separates archery from the gun season as the equipment dictates closer quarters. Sometimes I am too close and cannot get the shot and other times too far. I think of it as self limiting my take.

"I love vegetarians. They are what I hunt and eat with the exception of a few mountain lion steaks." Ted Nugent

It is 350fps,But that is only if you can shoot full 30inch DL and Pull 70 lbs.Other wise at 29 inch 70 lbs it will do 340,Minus pep sight and d loop.

Wink Speed is not everything.

Watch your arrow flight, it used to be said that anything over 260 fps and your may have flight trouble with broadheads. Lots of folks go for the open on contact type heads because they fly better at such high speeds, but, IMHO can not match the penetration, and performance of fixed blade heads. At 3D shoots they would probably win hands down, if they were used, but hunting is not a 3D shoot! Often when I read the bow hunting mags and look at the guys using the new high speed setups often the arrow that did the job is in sight, and enough time it appears that only half is red, any one else notice this? I not wanting to offend any one on their broadhead choices, but I"ve found that nothing goes through an animal like a 2 blade magnus, zwickey type cut on contact head. I have also used thunderheads, bear, zwickey, magnus, cabelas, and many others, they all seem to make good stuff, but the zwickeys, and magnus types I'll use over, and over again! Even these types I hone so they shave hair even when new before I use them. All the animals that i've been able to double lung seem to have 20 seconds, standing ,walking, or running. It seems that there is no free lunch in archery so to speak at least that what i've found. I guess what ever system we choose we owe it to the animals that we hunt to make sure that there is no doubt when the arrow is on the way. Bill
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30

Default True

LongHunter, It is true about the most of the arrows you see in the hunting show only set about half the penitration that you would see using a 2 blade cut on contact style broadhead.

If you read Chuck Adams books, he always used the Zwickey Eskimo. You cant really argue with his results!

Wink

I understand that the boys who hunt in Africa insist on them. There has got to be a reason!
    ; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 SAMUEL 2;30