Thread: Any 10mm Glock Longslide Owners/Shooters? (or 460 Rowland)

Smile Any 10mm Glock Longslide Owners/Shooters? (or 460 Rowland)

Hello! New Here,so here goes....We do alot of Hog Hunting here down South (Ga and La)..Long ways to the Great White North,but I miss it...be back next year for another Brownie I hope (2 so far-9' and 10'8"!) ; ).....Anyway,Luv the 10MM Glock 20,but the Longslide not only looks Kool,it has a 6.6" Comped barrel which is 2" over stock for alot more velocity/ft pds!...Any users before I "pull the trigger" on one(pun intended)...I want/need reliability as it was stock....and,if this works out,next could be the same in a 460 Rowland (comments welcome)....Just like the flat compact lighter slabsides with a decent amt of horsepower(8-1000 ft pds with 200-255grainers) and 15 fast rounds...Yes,I have the 500 Smiths and luv their performance(a Bison,a Water Buff and numerous hogs),but they are HEAVY ! lol
    Thank you for your replys...Pics of yours always welcome! Safarikid

phone 263.jpgbig bear 005.jpg Um........HELL YEAH! Love mine with TruGlo TFO SON! It goes everywhere with me. From bears, moose, and caribou with longslide, and bunnies, fox, porcupine, and caribou with Advantage Arms .22lr kit!! DO WORK! In the begginings though, they did have some issues with randam slides. Mine was an easy fix, so far appears to have been the marine cups I bought since they were out of the cheap regular glock ones. Other guys's, never really heard what the exact problem was. One of them is a forum member who had troubles.

Wow,now thts cool! What load did you use for the bear with your glock? The Caribou?....and I see you are flashing a big knife too! Backup for the backup! LOL! Thanks for the reply and pics!

The glock shoots DT 230gr WFNGC Hardcast. Does well on bear, moose and caribou. The caribou in the pic, most were with .22lr, even out of glock! I did catch two with the 10mm! The .22lr are right to the back of the head, point blank about. The glock is my go to go gun, was for the caribou hunt, so the knife was just back up, not even that really! The glock is deadly, with either the full house slide on, or the .22 kit!

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    The glock shoots DT 230gr WFNGC Hardcast. Does well on bear, moose and caribou. The caribou in the pic, most were with .22lr, even out of glock! I did catch two with the 10mm! The .22lr are right to the back of the head, point blank about. The glock is my go to go gun, was for the caribou hunt, so the knife was just back up, not even that really! The glock is deadly, with either the full house slide on, or the .22 kit!
    How fast are you pushing those 230gr bullets? I'm shooting 225gr hardcast with my XD 460 Rowland and the chronograph clocked them at 1430 fps.

I have a glock 20 with a LWD longslide and a 6.6 inch threaded barrel. Love it. I haven't chronographed the DT 200 or the 230 hard cast but they are powerful cartridges. akrstabout has taken some game with the 230s so he has been a good resource when I was debating between the 10mm and the 460. I'm happy with my 10mm for now. With the TFO sights it's easy to get a good sight picture and alignment. I mostly carry and shoot 45 ACP but that's not my hiking handgun, the 10mm is. I'm in TN and the threat from critters maxes out at a black bear. If you are going for deer or hog, the 10mm launching a 40 cal 230 grain slug at somewhere around 1300-1400 fps can do what you need it to with authority. Look at Double Tap ammunition...good stuff. Oh, and if you reload, the DT folks will give you load data for their bullets if you email them.
    MyTime

Default Any 10mm Glock Longslide Owners/Shooters? (or 460 Rowland)

Hunt_Ak is another good local source of info but he is currently out of pocket for several more days.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by MyTime View Post
    I have a glock 20 with a LWD longslide and a 6.6 inch threaded barrel. Love it. I haven't chronographed the DT 200 or the 230 hard cast but they are powerful cartridges. akrstabout has taken some game with the 230s so he has been a good resource when I was debating between the 10mm and the 460. I'm happy with my 10mm for now. With the TFO sights it's easy to get a good sight picture and alignment. I mostly carry and shoot 45 ACP but that's not my hiking handgun, the 10mm is. I'm in TN and the threat from critters maxes out at a black bear. If you are going for deer or hog, the 10mm launching a 40 cal 230 grain slug at somewhere around 1300-1400 fps can do what you need it to with authority. Look at Double Tap ammunition...good stuff. Oh, and if you reload, the DT folks will give you load data for their bullets if you email them.
    Glad to hear you liken it! I am looking at the Underwood 220's advertised at 1200fps in a 5"(maybe 1300 in 6"?)...I am startin with the 6" KKM-I asked them to "Throat" it for the Longer Cast bullets and also do the feed ramp "special" for these bullets too..Kevin(owner) said they break the edge and polish that and chamber for trouble free feeding(so important!) These harder hitting cast bullets of 220-230 grains are LONGER and this tip alleviates the problem!...Being a Longslide,the 6" will be flush for now,but KKM said he may have a 7" in the near future? This I would upgrade to threaded for a comp to take on Godzilla!

There is no doubt that your 460 Rowland has more "horsepower"...Curious is it a 1911 or a Glock? If a Glock,any problems and what mods did you do? Reliability good?...I see BB offers a 255 Cast and that sounds like a real Thumper.....Maybe the Next Longslide G21 could go that route!?!

Quote Originally Posted by SAFARIKID View Post
    Glad to hear you liken it! I am looking at the Underwood 220's advertised at 1200fps in a 5"(maybe 1300 in 6"?)...I am startin with the 6" KKM-I asked them to "Throat" it for the Longer Cast bullets and also do the feed ramp "special" for these bullets too..Kevin(owner) said they break the edge and polish that and chamber for trouble free feeding(so important!) These harder hitting cast bullets of 220-230 grains are LONGER and this tip alleviates the problem!...Being a Longslide,the 6" will be flush for now,but KKM said he may have a 7" in the near future? This I would upgrade to threaded for a comp to take on Godzilla!
    Yeah I shoot a 6" KKM! Kevin is legit and was cool to talk to years ago on a saturday when they were closed but he answered the phone still non shalantly!!

There is no doubt that your 460 Rowland has more "horsepower"...Curious is it a 1911 or a Glock? If a Glock,any problems and what mods did you do? Reliability good?...I see BB offers a 255 Cast and that sounds like a real Thumper.....Maybe the Next Longslide G21 could go that route!?!
    My 460 Rowland is a Springfield XD conversion. I had had to double up the magazine springs in order to get it to feed reliably, which reduced magazine capacity to 11 rounds. No other problems or mods. I have been thinking of putting Tru-Glo TFO's on the 460 since I really like the ones I have on my Kimber Pro Carry II.

Glad to hear you liken it! I am looking at the Underwood 220's advertised at 1200fps in a 5"(maybe 1300 in 6"?)...
    I can't tell you the estimates for each additional inch (since I've forgotten that since I looked into it) but I'm wanting to say it's about 30 FPS per inch. I spoke to LWD and they gave me their experience testing various lengths. Maybe someone looking at this thread can help out with this. For me and the intended purpose of my 10mm, the additional length is not problematic to carry, the additional sighting plane is good, and the additional velocity gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling that I was looking for. I have the TFO sights and I really like them. They are quite bright in the darkness and absolutely brilliant during the daylight. Half the fun in getting a new pistol, especially getting custom parts, is looking at all of the options and finding the best options for the intended purpose. Have fun!
    MyTime

Quote Originally Posted by MyTime View Post
    I can't tell you the estimates for each additional inch (since I've forgotten that since I looked into it) but I'm wanting to say it's about 30 FPS per inch. I spoke to LWD and they gave me their experience testing various lengths. Maybe someone looking at this thread can help out with this. For me and the intended purpose of my 10mm, the additional length is not problematic to carry, the additional sighting plane is good, and the additional velocity gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling that I was looking for. I have the TFO sights and I really like them. They are quite bright in the darkness and absolutely brilliant during the daylight. Half the fun in getting a new pistol, especially getting custom parts, is looking at all of the options and finding the best options for the intended purpose. Have fun!
    LOOKS LIKE 70-100FT ON THAT JUMP FROM THE 4.6" TO THE 6.6" AS PER THE CHARTS ON JEFF QUINNS 10MM ARTICLE...I AGREE ON THE TFO'S..NEXT SIGHTS FOR ME TOO! http://gunblast.com/10mm.htm

Subscribed! I have a 6 inch longslide 10mm that I love, but ever since I found out about the 460 Rowland I've been looking into it pretty hard. I would love to have a Glock 21SF lower with LWD slide and 460 barrel with compensator. Hunt_AK would be a good guy to contact on this topic.