Thread: out of state geese

Default out of state geese

Wondering if anyone on here has done any goose hunting trips in the lower 48 with an outfitter and if so can you recommend a good one? what was your experience like with the outfitter. I am considering california or texas but am open to ideas east coast in most likely out of the question.
    Thanks

Nortern Skies Outfitters if you want snow geese. I know the owner and the guides, and they are a great bunch. They operate in AR, MO, and SD primarily, but also hunt in MN and NE sometimes. www.northernskiesoutfitters.com. PM me if you want more info.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff156 View Post
    Wondering if anyone on here has done any goose hunting trips in the lower 48 with an outfitter and if so can you recommend a good one? what was your experience like with the outfitter. I am considering california or texas but am open to ideas east coast in most likely out of the question.
    Thanks
    Spring snow goose hunt is a blast. I went with Tony Toy of Big River guide service. MO in April and ND in May. Great outfit, good prices and lots of fun.

Years back I took a trip to Tri Cities (Pasko, Kenniwick, Ephrata), WA area to hunt greater Canada geese. We did it w/ folks we knew, so I don't have the name of an outfitter. We went about this time of year and there was snow on the ground there. As I recall, that was a tad early for them and the pheasant season had been cancelled. We lay in winter wheat fields or asparagaus, can't remember exactly, in our whites. We had geese coming in a matter of only a few feet over us. It was an incredible day. I certainly would not pass up a chance to go back to that area to hunt again if bird numbers were good.
    ARR

The tri cities in WA is Pasco, Richland, and Kennewick. There are alot of fields and good area for geese in the tri cities and the Yakima valley area Im from that part of the state but I do not know of any reputable outfitters out that way. To hunt geese in WA its better to stay east of Snoqualmie pass Eastern Washington is great for all kinds of birds if you have more questions shoot me a PM

You're right Kevin, I pulled from memory, but missed. Glad you weighed in. How bouts I did good 2 out of 3? So where the heck is, not that it matters, Ephrata (sp)?
    And for that matter I might be all messed up anyway. Is Tri Cities the Id side of the Cascades? I'm thinking of rolling farmland interspersed w/ steep bluffs?
    What I do remember clearly is the geese, big mothers no less, trying to land right on our heads. Man, those Greaters are, well, BIG.
    ARR

Not trying to be rude just wanna make sure the right info get out there. Since im from that area I finally can give some input to this forum I have been asking all the questions now I can start to give back. Ephrata is closer to Walla Walla which is about 45 minutes past the tri cities. The Tri Cites is on the east side of the cascades. From the Idaho boarder you have post falls then spokane and then two hours down I90 you have the Tri Cities. That whole region of eastern WA and western ID is a great please for geese so many small lakes rivers and pods for all these birds to go its great. Hell out there in the feilds of the tri cities and yakima vally you can find some great grouse and pheseant hunting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin0718 View Post
    Not trying to be rude just wanna make sure the right info get out there. Since im from that area I finally can give some input to this forum I have been asking all the questions now I can start to give back. Ephrata is closer to Walla Walla which is about 45 minutes past the tri cities. The Tri Cites is on the east side of the cascades. From the Idaho boarder you have post falls then spokane and then two hours down I90 you have the Tri Cities. That whole region of eastern WA and western ID is a great please for geese so many small lakes rivers and pods for all these birds to go its great. Hell out there in the feilds of the tri cities and yakima vally you can find some great grouse and pheseant hunting as well.
    I grew up in this area also. Ephrata is just north of Moses Lake, near the Banks lake area. The tri cities (Pasco, Kennewick, Richland) are located a the confluence of the Snake and Columbia Rivers, close to the WA / OR State line.

We head that way every January, for the last week of their waterfowl season. Some years its full of birds, others its sort of sparse. It all depends on their winter. Last year, we had a little trouble staying in the geese as the snow was deep and a lot of the birds had gone a little further south, but we made up for it in the ducks. We hunted a corn field that was totally incredible. I've been in some fantastic cornfield duck tornado hunts, but the one we got into last year was by far the best I'd ever seen. I stopped shooting because some of the groups landing in the decoys were just too large and concentrated to shoot into. Its a problem I hope to have frequently. We hunt private ground mostly ( we've gotten to know people in the area) but do get on some public ground also. I know of some guides, both in the tri cities and up in the Moses lake area that are really good at providing a quality hunt. If your interested I can send the names on.

If you are considering Northern California (escpecially if you want to shoot white fronts/specks) check out http://www.fishdogoutdoors.com/

I can't recommend them as I haven't hunted with them, but call maker Bill Saunders promotes duck and goose hunts in the tri cities area. check out the link on his site - http://www.billsaunderscalls.com/

I hunted with Wyobraska Outfitters last fall and had a good hunt. Give JJ a call. He hunts western Nebraska and eastern Wyoming. 43435.901.38255.901.3825