Thread: Mark your calanders Nov 14th

Default Mark your calanders Nov 14th

First meeting will be at Pizzaman, Eagle River. Wednesday, Nov 14th. If you can't make it, no problem, still send in contact info, email, etc by pm or by email to Bud, we want to keep everybody in the loop and get as much help and ideas in forming the club as we can. Everything at this time is open. We need a name, officers, goals, etc. This first meeting will be just to discuss all this and try to see what everybody wants.

Pizzaman is a family restaurant, just off the Glen at the main exit, in the small strip mall behind Johnson Tire and faceing the Glen. Their address is 16410 Alaska 1, ph 694 3777. They have good food, not too expensive, salad bar, pizza, sandwishes and dinners. Soft drinks, beer and wine. There is no charge for the meeting room, but it would be nice if we do business with them.

Time: 6-7 arrival, social, order food and drinks, etc. Get to know each other a little prior to the meeting. Meeting will be from 7-9 aprox. I will plan on having stickers there for name tags, to help get to know each other. Joe Meehan(biologist) has a couple proects to discuss that we might be interested in doing for the spring that he has sent me. We may want to discuss putting on a seminar, I'm thinking at Sportsmans (both valley and anchorage), at some time later in 2013. I want to emphsize that we don't want to discuss or make revealing our local honey holes a topic at any of the meetings or seminars. Places we hunt will just be refered to in generalities. I don't think any of us who have put in time hunting Alaska, want to reveal our local secrets to newbies just wanting to shoot their first duck. Feel free to bring along your spouse or friends.

I'd like everybody to think of things they want to discuss, questions they may have, ideas to bring up. E-mail or pm or add to this post to me and they will be put on the agenda for the evening. I don't anticiapte haveing a meeting in Dec, but plan on one in mid Jan.

Bud Bass
    budbassc21@yahoo.com
    907 373 6208
    Wasilla

I'm in- PM sent.

Planning on it. Email'd you Bud.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

PM sent. Wish I could make it. That week I'm working nights....
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I'm in! See y'all there!

I'm hoping to hear more people will be there. I will be, for myself as well as for Duckhunter01.

I'll be there

i would go but thats when i shoot in a shot gun league. cant let the team down
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

I head down to TX that night for some whitetail hunting... I will make the next though!!!

Gents

I spoke to Bud last night. We are not expecting a huge turnout as expected and this is ok. I personally think if you chase waterfowl, you have what most have in common that do. This is going to be a great time to meet other forum members, discuss goals, expectation, and common interest we all share in the conservation of this resource. As Bud stated, I ask that you take a few moments prior to the meeting and write down some concerns you might have as a member of this, goals, expectation, project ideas, seminar ideas, and what you think some keys to success might be. What can we offer to the ducks, local community, and our youth in regards to carrying on this tradition in Alaska.

For the ones that can not make it. Please send me an email Alaskadh01@gmail.com or Bud at budbassc21@yahoo.com
    with your comments, concerns and questions of discussion. We will add them to the future agenda so they can be addressed. We will get to them all as it grows.

Thanks
    Hugh
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Normaly I could have made it no problem but I agreed to help cover swing shift prior to the meeting date being set.
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Hi guys! New to the forum, just wanted to say hi. Im Shaun Jensen and am President of Alaska Waterfowl Association ( AWA ) Im planning on attending your meeting! looking forward to meeting all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by 907DuckTails View Post
    Hi guys! New to the forum, just wanted to say hi. Im Shaun Jensen and am President of Alaska Waterfowl Association ( AWA ) Im planning on attending your meeting! looking forward to meeting all of you!
    We have a waterfowl association? I am familiar with the WWA (Washington) and some of the work/effor they did, but had no clue we had a similar organization up here. I would have liked to have met you, but will be in ND that week chasing ringnecks...maybe at the next one.

Dang! Made 3 posts now and none posted ( too long maybe? ) AWA has been around for 30-40 years since the pipeline haydays. Would love to have you at a meeting! Email me and Il add you to the list!

Shaun Jensen
    301-4549
    svjensen@alasco.net

Quote Originally Posted by 907DuckTails View Post
    Dang! Made 3 posts now and none posted ( too long maybe? ) AWA has been around for 30-40 years since the pipeline haydays. Would love to have you at a meeting! Email me and Il add you to the list!

Shaun Jensen
    301-4549
    svjensen@alasco.net
    30 or 40 years. So.... where have you been hiding. Thats some of the best camo I have ever seen. I moved up here in 75 and hunted ducks for the first time in 76. Sure I was a kid of all about 12 but the fact that I have never heard of AWA untill now really surprises me. Looking foreword to meeting you on the 14th. I do hope we can get this thing going as I think the waterfowling as well as the general hunting community can really benefit from this. I won't be online much, for a while anyway so if anyone needs to reach me 907 232 2897. leave a message if I don't answer. Bob

Bob,

I am relatively new to AWA...about 4 years. The majority of AWA's past story is all "hand me down" from some of the few remaining old timers. As far as I can tell AWA was created as a way for the guys to get away from their wives and children and cut loose ( I can imagine it being very wild ) Ive been an avid duck hunter my whole life and had never heard of them until my father and grandfather brought me to a meeting. It was fairly unorganized then compared to now. Our goal I guess is to loose as much of the camo as we can! Like I said anyone here, feel free to email or call me with any questions!

Shaun Jensen

Shaun

Love the idea Bud! I would very much like to join the group. You've already got my info and I'll try my best to make the meeting on the 14th.
    -Curtis