Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are people in this state so afraid of a 4473?

Default Why are people in this state so afraid of a 4473?

Everytime I turn around, there is another IDIOT wanting to find AR lowers without filling out a 4473..

A 4473 is not carrying some disease that will kill you just for looking at it. A 4473 does not mean you go on some "list". You are not hiding **** by not filling out one.. A 4473 is painless... All they tell the folks on the other end of line is "Rifle, Pistol, or other".

Its not just lowers, it pretty much any firearm...

This bugs the crap out of me, that people want the things so bad, but can't deal with 10 minutes of paperwork like everybody else.

Rant over...

The less paper work the better.The 4473 does not help the feds really and crime has gone up sense the start of it.Do away with it and put a few thousand thugs out of work.JMOFO
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Felons, wife beaters, or criminals of some sort usually. Answer they usually give me when I ask is "Oh I had a DUI a long time ago but that's it", when in reality that don't get you denied, unfortunately I know this first hand and have mended my ways.

So they are either hiding something that makes it illegal for them to buy a gun, they are paranoid tinfoil hat types, or they are just grossly misinformed. Any combination of those scenarios will be the answer to 99% of why these cats don't want to do the form. It isn't just Alaska, but you are right, it seems more prevalent here to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Felons, wife beaters, or criminals of some sort usually. Answer they usually give me when I ask is "Oh I had a DUI a long time ago but that's it", when in reality that don't get you denied, unfortunately I know this first hand and have mended my ways.

So they are either hiding something that makes it illegal for them to buy a gun, they are paranoid tinfoil hat types, or they are just grossly misinformed. Any combination of those scenarios will be the answer to 99% of why these cats don't want to do the form. It isn't just Alaska, but you are right, it seems more prevalent here to me as well.
    This is no mystery to anyone familiar with the term "end of the roaders". Fact is, Alaska attracts a disproportionate share of the type of folks you described.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

You have to be a little paranoid to really believe the 'gubment is going to confiscate weapons based on filling out the form. Isn't going to happen in our lifetime. Regardless of what the NRA wants you to believe, the left is never going to defeat the gun lobby (and yes, due to the NRA's efforts over the years). Ever since Al Gore lost to Bush II, the left realized gun control was a loser for them. Unless Obama gets a direct question about it, he'll never bring it up and then he'll avoid answering the question.

Still, some of the 4473 questions are absurd. I just filled one out recently and the salesman told me I missed a box. I can't believe this is where our country has gone. What on earth is the reason for this new box? Look at box 10a. You are required to fill it in. Ridiculous.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    What on earth is the reason for this new box? Look at box 10a. You are required to fill it in. Ridiculous.

Looks like Operation Fast and Furious has had an effect on gun owners afterall.

I am with Will, itís stupid useless and should never been put in. They will get what they want anyway and the 4473 or being denied just makes them feel more of a society outcast. Then they feel like no matter what they do or how honorable they become society will never let them fully reform, always haunted by stupid things they did no matter what. I have a friend that did 18 months for rum running back in the 60s, he did his time then enlisted to go to Nam, I donít know anyone more honest, law abiding, or giving. Gun laws and my inviting him to go shooting all the time made the man feel like he had to confess to me he was a bad guy almost 40 years ago. Ainít right that he be forever haunted by stupid non violent mistake that he did his time on, it should fall off after ten or fifteen clean years or something like The Kidís DUI.

As an FFL the law helps reduce my competition and bringing more work my way. Obviously Iím not afraid of a 4473, ATF knows all about me and I donít care, Iím 100% legal. But GCA of 68 and Brady Law are just dumb and do nothing useful or that they clamed they were intended to do . . . they just waste a lot of money, time, and effort for nothing useful.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Still, some of the 4473 questions are absurd. I just filled one out recently and the salesman told me I missed a box. I can't believe this is where our country has gone. What on earth is the reason for this new box? Look at box 10a. You are required to fill it in. Ridiculous.

Yup we have talked about it before. Sure looks like the Obama administration profiling Hispanics doesnít it. Why does it matter what race or ethnicity you say you are anyway, isnít America supposed to be color blind.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

If they really wanted to reduce crime, instead of hiring thousands government employees. They should pass a law that everyone must wear a firearm outside of their home, even working in their yard. If you kill a bad person your federal taxes are reduced by 50% the following year. Anyone caught NOT wearing a firearm will be fined $2,000.00 the second time you are found without a firearm you will be executed at sunrise. Anyone NOT happy with this new law will be shot at sunrise.

Look at box 10a. You are required to fill it in. Ridiculous.

I can understand your confusion. Do I check both if I'm Latino?

You have to be a little paranoid to really believe the 'gubment is going to confiscate weapons based on filling out the form. Isn't going to happen in our lifetime. Regardless of what the NRA wants you to believe, the left is never going to defeat the gun lobby (and yes, due to the NRA's efforts over the years). Ever since Al Gore lost to Bush II, the left realized gun control was a loser for them. Unless Obama gets a direct question about it, he'll never bring it up and then he'll avoid answering the question.

I have no problem filing the form, as a matter of fact I have many times, but when I see stuff like this http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...n-Registration It kinda makes you wonder, why do they want this information?

A coworker of mine was Special Forces in the military at one time. He had pretty high clearances and has given the US goverment his fingerprints many times.
    He has a clean criminal record yet due to having athe same name as a few other people in this country he has trouble buying a gun.
    He had to go through all the hassle to get his own ID number to make things easier.
    I think it is discriminatory that anyone who does not fit one of those other catergories is considered "WHITE".
    I sometimes tell them there should be a box for those of us of Scandanavian heritage. Seriously though why are so many of us "white" and yet so many others are singled out.
    On top of that Even our President is only half black. There are peobably a few americans who could check all those race boxes and be correct.
    I don't have a problem filling out this form. I know I am legal to buy and posses a firearm. I do find it funny an AR lower is considered a gun.
    I am surprised there are so many people who do not realize they do not qualify. Are they just rolling the dice hoping they slip through the cracks or what?
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

You have to be a little paranoid to really believe the 'gubment is going to confiscate weapons based on filling out the form. Isn't going to happen in our lifetime.]
    Said one Jewish person to another Jewish person in 1938. All I can say is, now that I am 66 y/o I have never feared MY government in the past.........However today I love MY country, but I do fear "ITS"........ (NOT mine) government.

Seems people have forgotten the film Red Dawn. I for one, feel that the government only needs to know what they can find out on there own without my help.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Mine tinfoil hat is slipping!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wet eNuf View Post
    I can understand your confusion. Do I check both if I'm Latino?
    Crazy. What bureaucrat decided that was a useful question.

AGL4now, members of my extended family were in Nazi Germany in the 30s. Those who didn't flee went to the camps. A very few survived. Those who didn't flee after WWII then had to endure the Communists. I am no fan of a lot that has happened to our Constitutional liberties in the past decade but I respectfully and strongly disagree with the comparison of our country to Nazi Germany. I do not fear "our" government because it IS our government. We HAVE term limits and those are called elections. I fear only extremism and ignorance in our fellow citizens because they can be manipulated by demagogues and monied interests.

My objection to the race box on the 4473 is that it goes against the grain of what we are supposed to be - Americans, not hyphenated Americans. Additionally, the "race" or ethnic categories are ludicrous. Asian? Does that include Indians? Pakistanis? If not, what are they? Are Arabs or Persians white? Or are North African Arabs considered "African?" It goes on and on.

Red Dawn was a cute movie, but the Cubans and Russians aren't going to parachute into Montana anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    I have a friend that did 18 months for rum running back in the 60s, he did his time then enlisted to go to Nam, I donít know anyone more honest, law abiding, or giving. Gun laws and my inviting him to go shooting all the time made the man feel like he had to confess to me he was a bad guy almost 40 years ago. Ainít right that he be forever haunted by stupid non violent mistake that he did his time on, it should fall off after ten or fifteen clean years or something like The Kidís DUI.
    He can through the process to get his rights back...takes a governor's signature IIRC. I have a friend who went through this 15yrs ago and now can legally own a firearm and vote. It's not a quick process but it exists.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

The reference I was making: When the Russians needed to know who had all the firearms were: "Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."

It is not Russia I'd be worried about either.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Well said, yankee. I think there are valid viewpoints all around this discussion. As an active FFL holder, I find some of the questions and information required somewhat rediculous. That being said, it deters dirtbags from frequenting my business. I also feel our judicial system could use some rework to allow those who have proven they have corrected themselves to regain their civil rights. A felony conviction is essentially a life sentence, and I don't think that is right, or good. Most folks who don't want to do the paperwork are unable to pass a background check, or, as has been mentioned, are paranoid conspiracy theorists. If they don't want to deal with me, I don't have a problem with that. There is plenty of business to go around. Making 50 bucks on a sale won't pay the attorney costs in court if you get caught breaking the law. Just isn't worth it. I've been served with a federal search warrant once, and it isn't a pleasant thing. Don't need that kind of stress in my life.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Seems people have forgotten the film Red Dawn...
    And the rest of us wish we could forget it. That had to be one of the most asinine movies ever to come out of Hollywood.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast