Thread: Restaurant south of Soldotna

Default Restaurant south of Soldotna

When I was staying in Soldotna last year there was a restaurant south of town that served great prime rib. I can't remember the name of the restaurant but it had the Guiness Book of World Record on number of hats. That place was covered with hats. I will be fishing in Soldotna in July and was wondering if anyone knows if this restaurant is still open?
    Thanks,
    Jesse

Tustumena Lodge. New owner this year. I think the prime rib is $2 more than last year and I've heard there is now a drink minimum. Not nearly the people there for the specials this season than there has been for the last few years.

Like prime rib, Louie's in Kenai has the best on this end of Peninsula. Louie's is spendy but a great atmosphere, great sourdough bread (make sure to get the shrimp cocktail too ), and you never leave hungry. The King Louie cut is a very generous 24 oz., great blackened, and usually you don't even need a knife!

Sackett's used to have great prime rib, but not operating at the moment from what I know ... maybe before long we'll get that great smoked prime rib again

Default The "T" and The Clam Shell

Yeah the prime rib meal is being served on mondays, weds., fri.,6-9 pm its $12 a person with no drink minimum. A little further south at the clam shell lodge (mile 125) they have a weds. steak nite, $12, 6-9 pm that comes with a shimp salad, baked potatoe, and garlic bread. I take my clients to both on a regular basis.

Frank
    Alaska Wildrose Charters and Cabins
    www.wildroselodge.com