Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police warn of wounded brown bear

Default Police warn of wounded brown bear

In a message posted Wednesday morning on Twitter, the department said, "Caution advised Hillside & DeArmoun area wounded brown bear in the area. Concern for children enroute school and joggers/walkers."
    So this is how we warn communities....

Fail!!

**** poor bear just wanted some chicken

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post

Fail!!
    I'm pretty sure if a school kid got attacked on their way home from school the $h!the@ds in charge of the local fish and wildlife situation would blame the kid for having unsecured trash in their pockets. It's what they've done in every single incident the last two years, regardless of the facts.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

I think Hoytguy, Vince and myself should start the Alaska Bear Federation and apply for a $1.5MIL grant to locate, tranquilize and move problematic chickens.

I think Hoytguy, Vince and myself should start the Alaska Bear Federation and apply for a $1.5MIL grant to locate, tranquilize and move problematic chickens.
    Your proposal seems to have a fowl focus. You sure you shouldn't call it the "Alaska Chicken Federation"? Or something catchy like "Alaskans For Unlicensed Chicken Euthanasia and Removal"? You could get some fancy black pickups with AKFUCAER painted all over 'em.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Dont forget Lujon too...

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Your proposal seems to have a fowl focus. You sure you shouldn't call it the Alaska Chicken Federation?
    Negative. What's in a name anyways? If we call it the Alaska Chicken Federation it wouldn't make it past the secretary.

But the A.B.F could target families who are raising a modern day Noah's Ark to curb the bear problem.

Perfect too since one of the founding members himself raises chickens. I mean what co-op doesn't have a scandal??

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Dont forget Lujon too...
    Oh we got 2 more members.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Since the chickens aren't native species ... consider spruce grouse instead. Also, cap the number of spruce grouse to say a max of 20 as the equipment is expensive. There would be little in the coffers to do much more.

We need Possums to replace the Bears. Possums are much better in sneaking into chicken houses than bears. Bears are too big and noisy, and leave a big mess. They taste a lot better too when you hit them with a truck. The taste has to grow on you.
    My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Fail!!
    Believe it or not it, was on the radio down here.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

it was all over the radio this morning. I heard warnings starting around 4:30 or 5:00. The guy who did the shooting needs to spend a little time getting to know his weapon it sounds to me.
    Paul

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Fail!!
    ...and on ADN...and on the radio. You have a better suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    ...and on ADN...and on the radio. You have a better suggestion?
    Brain implants... so the AST can beam info about wounded bears directly into TWB's brain.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default Re: Police warn of wounded brown bear

good idear...but lostinthebushes..will have a lot more fun when he finds out what im really up to these days

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    good idear...but lostinthebushes..will have a lot more fun when he finds out what im really up to these days

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2
    Hey just remember its my idea. I've got proof. ^^
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Man, I just can't keep up with the regs. So now we can bait for grizzly in the Anchorage bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    Man, I just can't keep up with the regs. So now we can bait for grizzly in the Anchorage bowl!
    Yes, apparently you just have to use live bait!

Your proposal seems to have a fowl focus. You sure you shouldn't call it the "Alaska Chicken Federation"? Or something catchy like "Alaskans For Unlicensed Chicken Euthanasia and Removal"? You could get some fancy black pickups with AKFUCAER painted all over 'em.
    Hilarious...as acronyms go...the ATF, (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) leave out certain letters of their title to make a catchier acronym... Removing the "and" from the above acronym would be catchier in my estimation.
    “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.” Walter Cronkite

I think AKFUCR would suffice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast