Thread: Wanting to learn trapping and need supply

Default Wanting to learn trapping and need supply

Hi I am wanting to learn to trap and I am trying to find out were to get the traps and snares for the best price and hope I can learn to trap some fur on the kenai pennisula any help or suggestion wouold be great, I wan tot trap coyote, ermine rabbits, and anything I can to learn . Anyone have snare set pictures and trap set pictures I would like to see them . Thanks to all

well i think i have been learning alot by watching youtube videos on it. there are alot of good informative videos out there on trapping.

Supporting Member

If you are on the Kenai peninsula, you might try contacting Mike Crawford in Soldotna. I think Mike is still heading up the Kenai chapter of the ATA. send me an email to spike9542003@yahoo.com and I will send you his contact numbers.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

www.trapperman.com has a lot of info, pictures, etc. Go online and check The Snare Shop. Lots of supplies there. You will want snares for rabbits.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

is there any other company locally beside Sportsman warehouse that has traps and supplies

Quote Originally Posted by klamathII View Post
    is there any other company locally beside Sportsman warehouse that has traps and supplies
    Yes, there are several.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Supporting Member

Alaska Range Trapping Supply in Wasilla. They even offer a 10% discount to members of the Alaska Frontier Trappers Association.
    You might also check with Three Bears, as they carry trapping supplies up here in the valley.

Three bears in Kenai has a little bit of stuff. Peninsula trapping supply would be my first choice if I was looking for gear.
    http://peninsulaclarion.com/stories/...73684000.shtml
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Thanks for that shop I didnt know it was even there

That alot of info to absorb in

Mountain view sport!!

Hi I am wanting to learn to trap and I am trying to find out were to get the traps and snares for the best price and hope I can learn to trap some fur on the kenai pennisula any help or suggestion wouold be great, I wan tot trap coyote, ermine rabbits, and anything I can to learn . Anyone have snare set pictures and trap set pictures I would like to see them . Thanks to all
    I'm looking to work snares but otherwise I am in the same boat of having to learn this on my own.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by StefanJ View Post
    I'm looking to work snares but otherwise I am in the same boat of having to learn this on my own.
    Stefan.. see your in Fairbanks, i build my own and can give you a quick tutorial... Im in NoPo... most the time now.. also... I picked up a book from frontier outifitters about snaring that is very helpful, and the kids understood it.

headed out to get the line started this weekend... shoot me an email sometime if your interested...

Vince at alaska.net
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I just picked up a lot of traps fairly cheap on Ebay. Haven't used that site for years, and I even doubted they allowed them to be sold on there, but, wow, there's a lot on there. Most of my trapping tools and traps have been coming from Sullivan's. http://www.sullivansline.com They have been great to deal with.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Stefan.. see your in Fairbanks, i build my own and can give you a quick tutorial... Im in NoPo... most the time now.. also... I picked up a book from frontier outifitters about snaring that is very helpful, and the kids understood it.

headed out to get the line started this weekend... shoot me an email sometime if your interested...

Vince at alaska.net
    Thanks!!! Having someone to point me in the right direction would be great. I appreciate it!