Thread: ski-doo chaincase

Default ski-doo chaincase

Anyone have a spare chain case with reverse for a 1996 ski-doo ? I think that 95-98 will fit - it is a summit, but I think that they are all the same.

I got so tied up into working on my motor last year that I neglected to tighten up the box - and she came apart in a bad way. I actually did not know that I needed to tighten that particular bolt........I sure do now.

Ended up just being the belt came apart and locked up the clutches. When I pulled the chaincase cover off it was fine............which I was thankful for.

Were you reffering to the ideler Bolt? Ya if that thing comes loose it can do some damage. We had to tow my buds machine back and come to find out, the idler bolt just needed to be tightened.

The chain is adjusted by a tensioner bolt. Pull a pin, give it half a twist - put the pin back and done. I am not sure what an idler bolt is tho.

Yep. My bad your right. We are talking about the same thing. But on both my Polaris machines it is a bolt with a jam nut going into the gear box. Kinda tricky to get in there with a pair of wrenches while the "can" in still attached.