Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The time to go has come:-(...thanks all!

Default The time to go has come:-(...thanks all!

Well the time for me to leave this place has finally arrived.
    What a privilege it was to call Alaska my home for the last nine years. If all works out she may be so again in he future.

Just wanted to thank all on this forum for the posts, the advice, the all around great nature of this site. Other than boot leather left in the woods this has been the best place for information about all things Alaska.

Too all of those who I have been in touch with on here and all those that make this site what it is...thank you.

And a huge thanks too all that assisted with the tag issue in 06. Wish that story had turned out a little different but that's the way it is sometimes. Thanks for all you all did.

Hopefully Ill be back for a hunt of one type or another next year!

Cya all next time

Jason.

Good luck on your next venture and know you have a place that will welcome you back.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I wont be far behind if they dont do something about these energy prices. 3200 dollars a year in heating oil and another 3000 a year in electric is starting to be impossible to afford living. I need to either find a better job or we will be packing up in the not so distant future.

I don't know why you are leaving but I assume you are military. If so: Thank you for your service to our country and keep safe.

Best of luck. Remember you have nine years here. Please feel free to chime in on the "is my's" posts. Is my _____________ good for shooting, boating, climbing, harvesting........

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Mr Jason,,

Was an honor to meet you and I wish you the very best. Safe travels my Brother and thanks for your service.

You have a place to stay with me anytime if you need it. You saw the man room, it's all yours.

Steve
    Last edited by stid2677; 10-23-2012 at 17:22.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Thanks for all you've done to make this a great community, Jason. Hopefully you'll find some time once you're settled to come back to visit and share the wisdom and experience you've gained over this past decade. If there's ever anything that I or we as a community can do for you, don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry that in spite of our best intentions and efforts we haven't gotten to meet yet Jason! We'll make it work somehow whether it's down here in the lower 48, or back in the Sound for a deer hunt.

Safe traveling to you!

Rick
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Best in the future...catch you later on down the trail!
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Jason,

Thanks for serving.
    You have a lot to contribute. Hang around, if you can.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Safe travels brother!

Thank you for your service and good luck. I was stationed at Eielson and I can tell you, the bills are less down here in the Matsu/Anchorage area. JBER would be a good place to come back to if still serving when your next PCS comes.

AZinAK

Best of luck where ever you end up!

Thanks for all the kind words. I will definetly be chiming in when I get settled.

Am headed to Grand Forks, North Dakota to serve a term as an ROTC instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by plentycoupe View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words. I will definetly be chiming in when I get settled.

Am headed to Grand Forks, North Dakota to serve a term as an ROTC instructor.
    Good on you - no need to leave this forum; they have Internet in ND too.

The people you meet down there will think they know snow and cold - and in their part of the continent they get whacked hard with both and do know how to handle it. But you can still show'm a thing or two about it. Don't be surprised if the people you meet down there aren't real sure what the difference is between a city called North Pole and the actual magnetic north pole either.

Jason,

We're gonna miss you! I gotta say that I so respect and admire the devotion you have for those under your wing in far-off places, you've brought a lot of men back safe and done us all proud.. As a ROTC instructor...well they are gonna be lucky to have you. Get your azz back up here dude, we have a bunk with your name on it <grin>.

Safe travels,

Thank you for your service, now and what your going to under take. ND is NOT as cold as North Pole. How ever, i think the NP is warmer. I swear the wind blows so hard down there your ears start ringing if it ever stops!

The good news is that it is BIRD SEASON DOWN THERE. To cheer yourself up, get an out of state Bird license. Drive down some old dirt roads, step into the ditch and BUST a ring neck for ol spookum.

Also, you ONLY GET 2 buck tags and 6 DOE tags... try not to use them all at once!!!!!

A .223 will get you endless hours of enjoyment cyote calling. 1 every 15 min is a slow day.

We will miss you, but it is fun down there too!
    -Spookum

Less snow down there, the wind blows it all away! Good luck Jason. Have fun in ROTC challenging those potential officers to be good enough to lead men and women in our military.

dang, bro. Hate to hear that, but pheasants are better eats than ptarmigan any day o' the week. Good luck brotherman.

larry

Hold on to that PM I sent you back in March. I'll do my best to look you up when I get back to defend my thesis early this coming spring. What happened to that Pro Pioneer? I've got a new garage with space to spare...

You'll be getting there just in time for some of the northern migration of ducks/geese/cranes. As a non-resident you can only get a license for a portion of the season but if you have the time, spend it chasing wings!

Go Sioux!

Good luck Jason thanks for your service, my brother was stationed there many years ago, (12) and he had a great time whacking ducks,geese, pike, and there is some good walleye fishing and perch fishing in that area too... I live in Western Wisconsin which is five hours away if you head this way give me a shout, I have good whitetails and fishing in this area too... Good luck it is a very sad day when we leave Alaska, I hope to return myself one day for good instead of just ten to fourteen days at a time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast