Thread: taxidermy.net

Default taxidermy.net

how many of you guys sell your furs on taxidermy.net and How do you sell to them? I remember hearing a bit from teacherman and Rick. I have visited and dont see much for posting your stuff unless i have to join to be able to do that.

That is a good place to sell, there are LOTS of members and the forsale forum moves FAST like multiple pages in a day fast. You will generally get more money for stuff there since it is going to be used for taxidermy I have sold a couple wolves on there and have gotten alot more than I should have same goes with fox. " prime" furs in the lower 48 dont compare to prime up here so their is a bit of a demand for "Alaska" furs.

Do you have to have a special fur dealers license or anything like that to sell your animals and furs online?

nope just make sure if you are sending out of the states you have the required CITES paperwork filled out of necessary for the species and they are sealed again if necessary. And if they are green (not tanned) I believe there is a form for that as well its all in the trapping regs. You can print the CITES form and raw fur form off F&G website

also you dont have to register to see the for sale section. ON the main screen click FORUM on the left side bar, then it is the top forums.

bsj425 - what kind of fur? I am in Fairbanks and am looking for some furs. I am not as good as trapping... family demands more mittens and hats than I can trap!

FlyLow,
    I tried to PM you but it didn't work. I have three Lynx trapped last year for sale if you are interested.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

All I have right now 5 or 6 coyotes and 2 wolves. Will hopefully have alot more once the season starts here in a week. The wolves are skinned for taxidermy would be a waste to use those on mittens. The yotes would be good for that as they have had the feet cut off.

Have sold on tax.net since around 2002. It CAN be a good place to sell. Not always better than the comm. fur market. The down turn in the economy 3 years, or so, ago effected the taxi's and thus taxi fur prices went down. You have to skin the fur the way the taxi's want it skinned and prep it properly, or sell it frozen.
    Wolf and Wolverine, good ones I mean, will sell well there. In my experience, lynx prices may not be better there, but then there should be a lot less lynx available this year.
    Commercial fur prices are looking pretty good this year. It is possible that will be the better place to sell this year. I never had any luck selling many marten to taxidermists.
    One thing about the taxidermy site............you can sell almost any animal part there. Plenty of animal parts besides fur are legal to sell in Alaska.
    As far as CITIES tags go, when a trapper gets the state fur tag for lynx or wolf or Otter (the only 3 needing CITIES tags, the CITIES number is on the state tag. That is all you need, no other paperwork required............to send to the lower 48 or Hi. Sending CITIES species out of the US requires more paperwork. I always avoided selling to anyone other than guys in the US.
    There will be a learning curve to selling to taxidermists. But will pay in the long run. Having options is good.
    Good luck.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!