Thread: Anbody interested in a meeting???

Default Anbody interested in a meeting???

It sounds to me like we are getting some interest together for starting a group (lets not call it a club yet) focused on waterfowl in Alaska. Please chime in if interested in this or not. I am thinking about a meeting in mid Nov, kinda a get to know each other, discussion of goals, objectives and where we go from here. If people are interested, do we want this to just be hunters at this first meeting, or include family members also. I know of a handful of women hunters that may be interested. I'm still thinking of reserving a room at Pizza Man (ER) but I'm open to where ever the majority wants to meet at. I don't think we want to even open up discussion of what projects, etc we may be thinking of, but keep it general, yes, we should have waterfowl/hunter related projects as a objective, but lets not get specific at this point. If involved people have dates they will be out of town, let us know so we can work around it as best we can. I don't think a meeting in Dec would be a good idea, just too much going on then. But certainly a meeting in Jan would be necessary. Anybody who wants to pm me thier email address and phone number and real name, i can try to start a contact list. Warning, this will eventuality be destributed amoung members of the group. Bud
    Wasilla

Great idea, Bud! I'm curious about what issues an Alaskan duck hunting club would be addressing. The only duck hunting clubs I've ever known of (back in the real world) were largely tracts of agricultural bottomland that were used as hunting spots. Since Alaska has no shortage of huntable habitat and (more importantly) no shortage of nesting habitat, where would the work, if any, be directed?
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

pm sent.......
    Wasilla

I want to just post to show support.... I would love to be there but unfortunately I will be in a much less desirable place by then. Go for it and will come to a meeting just as soon as I can and will be looking forward to a run down once the group gets together.

Im in, and would prefer a non-bar ( in one of the other post someone said the saloon or something) place but not required. PM inbound

I'm very interested too but I work wierd hours 1500 to 2300, and wierd days Tuesday-Saturday...I'm just posting to express my interest and let y'all know that I will be involved as much as I can

Dodger
    “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.” Walter Cronkite

Bud

sounds likea plan. hope we can fet some people to show up. If only a few, at least get some thoughts and ideas on the table. sounds like we are moving forward.

my offer still stands, let me know
    H
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post
    Bud

sounds likea plan. hope we can fet some people to show up. If only a few, at least get some thoughts and ideas on the table. sounds like we are moving forward.

my offer still stands, let me know
    H

I am very interested. Never hunted before, but would love to start waterfowl hunting and feel this would be a great way to start talking to people and learning about it. Could not private message you for some reason, forum not allowing me to.

Default Anbody interested in a meeting???

Girlfriend and I will attend

Hunterwannabe

Bud will mostly likely post the info on the forum.

Thanks for getting involved.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterwannabe View Post
    I am very interested. Never hunted before, but would love to start waterfowl hunting and feel this would be a great way to start talking to people and learning about it. Could not private message you for some reason, forum not allowing me to.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I'm in. I work bad hours too but I should be able to make afternoon meetings.

JM

Great idea; I'm in. I won't be able to join in until January meeting.

Welcome, the forum is set up so that you can't pm others until you have a few posts, then pm function will start working. you can e-mail me info at budbassc21@yahoo.com thanks for your interest. Bud

Quote Originally Posted by hunterwannabe View Post
    Wasilla

Count me in!

count me and my 12 year old son in
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Im like hunterwannabe I have never hunted waterfowl before and I really want to started in hunter them. I think this would be a great opportunity for me so im in. pm sent

Count me in too.

Keep me posted. Duckdon

Sounds good to me!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK