Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RM435 No Bulls

Default RM435 No Bulls

Flew the Area this evening and olny found a hand full of Moose they have been wiped out!! Did see some large Brown Bears I am staying home this year

I very rarely see animals from the air when I fly. Use the plane to get there and hunt from the ground. I'm quite sure that all the moose have NOT been wiped out.

Hope you change your mind and go hunt.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Default RM435 No Bulls

Don't hold your breathe to an accurate aerial assessment of the area. Boots on the ground the moose have a ton of cover. Not uncommon to spot several bears and several moose separated within the valley.

I didn't see jack **** when I flew over the river this fall. But had 4 bulls coming in to calls.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    I very rarely see animals from the air when I fly. Use the plane to get there and hunt from the ground. I'm quite sure that all the moose have NOT been wiped out.

Hope you change your mind and go hunt.

Steve
    If you actually piloted a plane over 900 hours a year, you would see plenty of game and wouldn't miss much. Weekend warriors in the air don't see squat.

Default RM435 No Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by PacWestFishTaxidermy View Post
    If you actually piloted a plane over 900 hours a year, you would see plenty of game and wouldn't miss much. Weekend warriors in the air don't see squat.
    I'd hardly consider Stid a weekend warrior. Easily one of this forums top 10 most successful and experienced hunters.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

This is actually good news. I'd hate to ruin a perfectly good hiking trip by killing a moose.

Flying from point A to B rarely offers a good chance to see critters. Flying to look for critters is a different story. This time of year the leaves are down, may be snow, but the country will still be brown and moose could be tricky to see.
    I also flew yesterday. Very nice sunny day for flying. I wasn't flying the 435 area tho.
    Also had trouble finding moose until................I flew over an area with moose. Seems quite a few were congregated in one area. Plus, they were all laying down so it took a second to realize they were moose.
    Where is RM435? I wouldn't give up yet!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by PacWestFishTaxidermy View Post
    WOW,, I'm sorry Sir, my mistake for not listing my resume to offer someone encouragement.

You are probably right, but what do I know. Only have about 2700 hrs in both rotary and fixed wing aircraft, earned my rating in 1992 and most likely did not developed as keen an eye as you during my time flying with the Civil Air Patrol and military doing search and medevac.

Maybe it was because I did most of my flying during the week and not on the weekends, or maybe because I feel hunting is best done on the ground and not from an airplane.

I do wish you the very best and I apologize for insulting you by responding to another members post.

Good day Sir

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it, a formal polite response.

Here we go!!!

yes, please stay home....and base the rest of your decisions whether or not to go out on that as well.

The way this thread is going reminds me of this South Park episode http://youtu.be/L4boA27RLWY

Too funny. Anyhow, Ship Creek drainage is dinky. Just because the moose aren't visible doesn't mean they are wiped out, it just means they aren't there right now. Many of them have moved down lower or to other drainages. It's still the end of the rut and they are pretty mobile. I saw two bulls in that park off Ship Creek on base last week while I zoomed by on the Glenn Highway.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    The way this thread is going reminds me of this South Park episode http://youtu.be/L4boA27RLWY

I love South Park

Default RM435 No Bulls

This hunt resembles that of a high school dance. A dozen guys steppin over each other playin grabass just to get with the last single chick; not because shes good lookin but because she's convenient.

I think they are bunching up already waiting on the free highway food. Stid you just need to stop doing your own great taxidermy work
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Well said that kind of burned me a little also. And my piolt and I make a great team plus he makes his living as a pilot to which I am very greatfull. I have flown the area for years sometimes to hunt others just for fun and I have never seen this few Moose. We flew the last hour and half of daylight my freind flies the plane and I watch for moose and if there are present we will find them it is a small area to search and there was snow on the ground.

I can tell you were some sheds are thats for sure.

Default RM435 No Bulls

It's callin huntin for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    The southpark link is freaking Hilarious.. Im going to have to save that one

Quote Originally Posted by Moose30 View Post
    Well said that kind of burned me a little also. And my piolt and I make a great team plus he makes his living as a pilot to which I am very greatfull. I have flown the area for years sometimes to hunt others just for fun and I have never seen this few Moose. We flew the last hour and half of daylight my freind flies the plane and I watch for moose and if there are present we will find them it is a small area to search and there was snow on the ground.

I can tell you were some sheds are thats for sure.
    And how do you suppose those sheds got there????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast