View Poll Results: What would be your all time out of state dream hunt?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • African Safari (Any african big game species)

5 4.31%
  • Grand Slam for North American Sheep

34 29.31%
  • Horseback hunt in the Rocky's for Elk or giant whitetails and muleys

40 34.48%
  • Dangerous Game in Africa (Cape Buffalo, Lion, Leopard, Hippo etc.)

13 11.21%
  • Polar Bear or Musk Ox in the Northern Canada

8 6.90%
  • Other (Please specify)

16 13.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would be your out of state dream hunt?

Default What would be your out of state dream hunt?

If money and time were no obstacle, which would you choose?

I chose a horseback hunt in the Rocky's for Elk. That is something that I have always wanted to do and I have on the top of my bucket list.

Spot and stalk in the mountains trumps all in my book, and the nice cold dry climate of the Rockies just sounds nice.

Montana archery elk in the bob marshall

Elk for sure. I really want a 6X6 or bigger.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Marco polo sheep with Swedish models as sherpas.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Although a sheep grand slam would be awesome, I would still rather hunt elk in the rockies. I don't have a lot of interest hunting in africa
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

BWJ

Sorry, but getting moved to AK pretty much settled my bucklist....well there is that Argentina no-limit duckhunt
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Still waiting for season on politician's. Small game on up they are all dangerous.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Bighorn sheeps and Elk in the Rockies.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Out of state? Why would I want to hunt anywhere but here? I will never in a lifetime be able to do all the hunting I want here let alone go somewhere else This place is awesome!

Elk and deer in the rockies on that list. Although a more likely dream hunt for me would be to draw one of the hard to get special quality mule deer tags in Washington state where I hunt deer anually with friends that live there. Someday I'd like to go to Africa to bowhunt for plains game. I guess I have more than a few dream hunts

Sheep all the way
    I ♥ Big Sheep

I already did the Rockies for Elk and Deer, not as exciting as I thought it would be, I got a 6x6 bull the first day. The rest of the 6 in camp hunted for 10 more days and did not even see an elk, I was lucky, we were hunting just north of Yellowstone NP. Could see the boundry sometimes. The wolfs have really cut into the herds. I would really like to get a grand slam on sheep, but I am getting to the age where it is only a dream. Thank you to all who write of their great hunts.

Other - Govenor's Tag for Mule deer in Utah. Someone else buys it and pays Mossy-back-horn Outfitters to locate a 250 inch plus non-typical muley buck. I show up and shoot. I'll pay for the taxidermy. Its the least I can do. I will use my Mom's pre64 Model 70 Westerner in 264WM.

You did say dream hunt, so I am dreaming the impossible dream.

Other - much closer to reality would be a flooded timber duck hunt in Arkansas with my Dad. I would have to restrict Dad to a side by side and using only one shell so that he does not limit out in a few minutes. May have to make him shoot left handed as well.
    In the afternoon we would change over to Bobwhite quail behind English Setters. Dad will use his old 16g Model 24 Winchester. I don't care if they are planted birds or not. And to fill out the day we would hit the pecan trees for squirrels. Open site .22 single shots only. That evening we would eat like kings.

Smile Antelope

I grew up in Minnesota and shot lots of nice deer, traveled the globe in the service and hunted some pretty cool critters the past 20 years.. But what has really been of high interest to me is a antelope.. aka pronghorn.. As a kid I always wanted to come to Alaska and get a mountain goat.. with 2 of them under my belt.. my sights have been set on a speed goat.. after 3 years of applying, I finally drew a NR tag in Colorado.. I took off on a friday, flew down to Denver, rented a car... drove east and found some goats (in the area I drew).. next morning was opening day.. I had located this speed goat the night before and watched him bed down with 17 does.. so before light the next morning I crawled with in range and waited for the sun to rise.. first light he stood up and I had bagged my first antelope..

Next on my list is a New Zealand hunt.. I'd like to hunt Thar and Chamois and possibly a red stag.. But until then I will be applying for a NR elk and mule deer tag in Colorado.

Here is a pic of the pronghorn I took.

2012 Antelope.jpg

It was really nice to be able to hunt between school and home (5 miles) each night during the MT deer/elk season. Get up on saturday morning and walk out the door and be hunting.

What I really miss is taking 3 rented horses into the mountains solo archery for a month at a shot with 2 elk tags and a muley tag in my pocket. I might not ever be fortunate enough for the stars to align like that again, but if they did, that would be my hunt. I have lots of hunting to do here in alaska, but the logistics (ie. costs) are prohibitive for me to hunt as much as I would like up here.

I see a lot of responses about hunting elk. Just wanted to let you know, the season opened this last weekend in Montana.
    Attachment 64885

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Still waiting for season on politician's. Small game on up they are all dangerous.
    HAHA +1

I think I'd have to head to New Zealand and hunt all the transplants.

A backcountry Bighorn hunt has all the appeal of a backcountry elk hunt. Add a Desert and Stone and I'd have all the adventure I could handle. So I'm gonna pick Cape Buffalo! Whacking that bad boy with a genuine safari big bore rifle would be epic.

Me... hunt turkeys in the morning. Drink beer in the afternoon. I really want to take a spring and rent an RV. Hunt turkeys and taste small town breweries and good food throughout the U.S.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast