Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just a thought

Default just a thought

why are there so many views per post but no comments its an easy membership why not be active u dont have to tell me were u fish if u did the day i go it wouldnt be any good at least if u know how fish work ud know that. when i ice fish i do nothing but chase schools! only way to do great on a normal day

Quote Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
    why are there so many views per post but no comments its an easy membership why not be active u dont have to tell me were u fish if u did the day i go it wouldnt be any good at least if u know how fish work ud know that. when i ice fish i do nothing but chase schools! only way to do great on a normal day
    Take this thread you started for example. Whats there to say about it?

Quote Originally Posted by power drifter View Post
    Take this thread you started for example. Whats there to say about it?
    first off it would be an answer from the people who post on why they do becuz most dont they just look for free info no prob just would be a bundle of info i learned about it looked a few times and created an account had questions who dont? if we all shared instead of read and learned and never tried to help. i know its not the word but karma is a close thought i think! and for those who dont reply why as well trust me i know ak is huge lived here my whole life born the outdoor life and aint many people in my region realy but to put an answer to your statement it says i want an answer on why or why not ppl post even if its as simple as they dont fish there hunt there what ever maybe read it again!

Mmm Mmaby mmmaby.....uh uh ....perhaps some of us just like to watch er mmmm....mmmm! ;-)

they just window shoppen. Tire kicken. Maybe they are killen time till lakes freeze over like me.

some arent as vocal as others. i jump on when the boss isnt looking and dont have time to respond before he is back. then again if i get fired for it itll free up some time for more fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by jbfreyer View Post
    some arent as vocal as others. i jump on when the boss isnt looking and dont have time to respond before he is back. then again if i get fired for it itll free up some time for more fishing?
    Funny stuff!

Maybe they don't know the answer to a certain question? Why bother with a poinless post of "sorry, I can't help you." or "I don't know, I never fished there." Unless you want to add to your post count it's pretty much a useless response.

perfect answers im just curiouse theres just a ton of ppl on here and realy no posts no answer could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by AKnook View Post
    Maybe they don't know the answer to a certain question? Why bother with a poinless post of "sorry, I can't help you." or "I don't know, I never fished there." Unless you want to add to your post count it's pretty much a useless response.
    Good point. Not everyone may feel comfortable with posting. I also noticed that if you google pretty much anything Alaska fishing related this forum seems to pop up. Thus, a lot of tourists (really anyone) are clicking on the link and viewing posts.

Could be to that there are quite a few looking to learn but don't have a lot of experience that would be helpful to others. Personally, if I am not totally sure on specific information a lot of times I will read and not comment. Or if I do comment and my "advice" is under question I will flat out say "look it up for yourself to be sure" because to often I hear of people who go and do something fishing or hunting and then get busted for doing something illegal because "some one said it was ok" but didn't look it up themselves to be sure.

I try to give good information but there is plenty (LOTS) I still have to learn so I tend to keep to myself especially Ice fishing because I have done so little of it.

But I do understand your point of so many views but so quiet too. I get on here all the time and post here and there through out the day but try not to post to much and look like a post/comment whore lol.

As one who reads (views) a lot more than posts I'd like to think that a skewed view-to-post ratio is indicative of an edumacated audience who understands there is no need to open your mouth if you have nothing to add. After a while you can recognize who offers solid information/leads/start points, versus those who are posting to blab, one up another's story, or just to make themselves feel important.

Quote Originally Posted by RTinAK View Post
    As one who reads (views) a lot more than posts I'd like to think that a skewed view-to-post ratio is indicative of an edumacated audience who understands there is no need to open your mouth if you have nothing to add. After a while you can recognize who offers solid information/leads/start points, versus those who are posting to blab, one up another's story, or just to make themselves feel important.
    Exactly what he said. I think with more people reading and less posters it helps keep from thread drift. Which is far to common around here.

Default just a thought

I read a lot but if someone answers close to what I would have I don't reiterate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akworkandfish View Post
    I read a lot but if someone answers close to what I would have I don't reiterate it.

Also, punctuation is optional.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post

What he said with capitals and words actually spelled out... OK, so I'm an old fart!

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post

Also I agree and I am adding my needless 2 cents..lol
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by AKnook View Post
    maybe? sorry I cant help you AKnook. Just trying to be usefull
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    maybe? sorry I cant help you AKnook. Just trying to be usefull
    lol just add to your post count.....

I forgot what my thought was
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast