Thread: Black Ice Coatings

Thumbs up Black Ice Coatings

I just got my rifle back from this guy. He does great work. Money well spent I am thinking. Made the old M-70 375 H&H look so sweet. Check him out. www.blackicecoatings.com

I'm out of the loop living outside the US for so long (11yrs). Has this been around for a while or something new? Do you have any links to professional research/writing on teflon coatings?

MN,

It is new to me but I am told it has been around for a While. I guess perhaps Google will be more help than me. I am just happy with how it turned out on my rifle. In Alaska, with salt, sand, rain, more rain, and then more rain, I am looking forward to testing it out.

Can you post a picture of your 375 H&H?

Default Cerakote

Check out the latest, greatest rifle coating called cerakote. It's tougher than the teflon finishes.

Question more info

Quote Originally Posted by Skilak Jim View Post
    Check out the latest, greatest rifle coating called cerakote. It's tougher than the teflon finishes.
    Jim: Do you have anymore info on this...such as what, where and who? It sounds good. Thanks.

Default Cerakote info

There is a company named Ko-tonics that refinishes firearms with cerakote. I talked to a gunsmith in Fairbanks that also does it but I can't remember his name. He spoke highly of it. Just Google cerakote and you will find plenty of information. I plan on having three of my rifles done. This stuff claims to be tougher than teflon or Duracote. I float hunt and my rifles tend to take some abuse. This coating sounds like just the ticket.