Thread: Fur Prices

Default Fur Prices

What do you guys think about the fur prices that you received this year? Were you pleased or not....

First time in twenty years that I .......broke even!

Default Pleased

I was quite pleased with the prices I got at the February NAFA auction. I averaged nearly $80 on marten, and 2 of them managed to break the $100 mark. Actually ended up in the black this year!

Default red fox

Well being that I only trap fox I was bummed by the decrease in prices this year. when all was said and done I averaged 10-12 bucks a piece less than I did last year. Not good.

Default may auction

Time will tell in the May auction. Hope to see some gain in marten prices. Can always hope!!!

I sold to Wivoda in February, averaged the same as Solohunter and was pretty happy. Bill tends to like our fur...darker marten from near the arctic circle. Heard he took a big hit later and lost a lot of money on speculation when a buyer fell through. Not sure if he will be buying next year. Could be the auctions are the only viable way to sell anymore for the interior guys.

Heard marten took a nosedive, down around 60bucks or so. Guess we'll find out when Northway sells his.

No matter who is selling at the auctions, watching the latest in fur prices is always interesting. North American Fur Auctions, Western Canadian, and Fur Harvestors should all have auctions in May. I believe that West Can held back significant quantities of marten at their Feb. auction. So May will be a very interesting month at the auctions.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!