Thread: Eberlestock packs

Default Eberlestock packs

I was just wondering if anyone owns or has owned an Eberlestock pack. I'm considering the J104 or J107 pack and was wanting to get some practical opinions on them prior to buying one.

Thanks

I know that member remotealaska just got one of their X1 Quickdraw bow and rifle packs. It looked real nice to me but all I did was look at it on his kitchen floor. He tried it out last weekend I will see what he has to say about it. He may see this and post before I get back to it.

Woody

Default J104

I own the J104; it has been used to haul out a mt.goat, sheep, elk, and multiple deer. The only thing I dislike is the compartment size; seems it could be a little bigger. The rifle scabard is nice, but the butt of my rifle hangs up often. Overall, it is a good pack.

My concern with the J104 was the size of the compartment, and it looks like those concerns may be founded. As for the scabbord, originally it looked to me like it would be fine for open country hiking but not very fun in the alders. I can see where it would get hung up quite a bit.

Thanks for the opinions.

Thumbs up Great packs...

I got a gunslinger Eberlestock pack. Great quality and very well thought out. Good customer service also. I had some questions about the pack and was called the following day by Glen Eberlestock himself. Super nice guy. Fantastic product. I got mine in 1000 cordura OD green. Plenty of room in the scabbard for your rifle. Lots of nice accesories also. I got two of the shotgun side scabbards to hold fly rods and an accessory pouch to hold camera and gps. Great product line.

Default Just the Ticket

The Eberlestock EXC Quickdraw I purchased seems to be just the ticket for me. It is 2100 c.i., just right for a day or overnighter. It handles my bow on the back perfectly;keeps it centered and out of the way while going through the woods and is quiet. I can also ride a 4-wheeler with it on without any interference. The "rifle scabbard" works perfectly for an "arrow/quiver scabbard. It is as waterproof as any other pack I have owned-no wet/ruined gear yet. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate the help.