Thread: New Tundra Xtreme-570 Bearcat?

Default New Tundra Xtreme-570 Bearcat?

I live at the base of Hatchers in Fishhook and do most of my riding going towards Sutton and Moose Creek. I do alot of off trail exploring and winter camping, towing a little, and would like to start getting into the Mountains a bit. I ride a 98 Bearcat that I absolutely love but it has over 5000 miles on it and I maintain it very well which is simple as nothing ever goes wrong but it has to sometime..... Looking for a new or newer sled that is similar but a little more comfortable on the bumps and able to play a bit. I would like to start trailering to other areas and exploring as well. Most of my riding is alone and a reliable sled is a must. Not really a go fast rider but it would be nice to have the option. Because of my very positive experience with my Bearcat I looked at the new XTs for around $8500, sweet ride and hauler but not sure if the wide track and 570 is agile enough to play with. I also looked at the Tundra Xtreme for around $12000. The Expedition Sport is around $10500 I think and I have heard good things about it but if I went that route I would probably get another Bearcat. The motors on all of them seem bullet proof. The Tundra looks like it would fill my need perfectly and I am sure I would love it
    but the price is so much more and I was curious if it is worth it? Can any of you with experience with any of the new ones give me any help or input? Thanks

I have a 2112 Tundra Extreme with the 600 E-tech. Absolutely one of the most fun sleds i have ever had. I have Skandics, Summits, etc. The tundra X led the pack in the deep snow everywhere we went. The narrow front end made it almost effortless to wind and twist around narrow trails or places where there were trees and no trail. I ride with several Bearcat guys and they all took a turn on mine. The Bearcats are terrific in the deep utility section, but I would rate the maneuverability of the Tundra higher. The 600 E-tec sips gas and almost ignores the oil....

kevin
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    20' Alumatech Airboat
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default Re: New Tundra Xtreme-570 Bearcat?

Only issue you may have... As i was a staunch cat man for decades, when i got my 600 ACE.. I had to learn to ride again. Its narrow stance made/(still does) cause me to tip more..but i wont go back

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Only issue you may have... As i was a staunch cat man for decades, when i got my 600 ACE.. I had to learn to ride again. Its narrow stance made/(still does) cause me to tip more..but i wont go back

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2
    After you learn the Tundra you can really cut and weave. You can really tell the difference when you ride other machines.

Worst thing I have found about the Tundra narrowness..... it gets downright scary at speed when you hit frozen overflow.

I do like the New Bearcats.... a good second choice.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

the other great sled is the 600 E-tec Skandic SUV as a all round sled i would think its the best. but when you talk about a $8500 and a $12000 that is different price ranges for sure. the bear cat is a great sled but is a true utility for the extra money you get a do all type sled.

Quote Originally Posted by cabin goer View Post
    the other great sled is the 600 E-tec Skandic SUV as a all round sled i would think its the best. but when you talk about a $8500 and a $12000 that is different price ranges for sure. the bear cat is a great sled but is a true utility for the extra money you get a do all type sled.
    The Newer Bearcats and Tundras play pretty well too!!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Still lookin hard at that Tundra.......

That big track might make it hard on the hifax in hard snow conditions . Thats the one caveat I always had with utility machines with aggresive tracks.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Starting to rethink what sled I need. The xtreme would be a ball.....but not sure if for the money an expedition or tundra sport would be better for me. Maybe a little better for putting around with still plenty of get up and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Starting to rethink what sled I need. The xtreme would be a ball.....but not sure if for the money an expedition or tundra sport would be better for me. Maybe a little better for putting around with still plenty of get up and go.
    The Tundra Sport has a 137" track. If you want a Tundra and don't want to pop on the E-Tec go with the Expedition or the Tundra LT.