Thread: Seasport photos

Default Seasport photos

I am working on being a new seasport owner this week found a 2200 sportsman that will work for me and my wife.

Looking at rigging it up this winter with a few must have options.

I would love to see photos of fellow seasoprters and there boats to get a few ideas.

Thanks
    Keep exploring

Thumbs up

Welcome to the SeaSport owners club. I love my 2400 Explorer.
    I have downriggers, dinghy, old original chartplotter, fishfinder, radar, fire extinguisher system and a hand held, hydraulic kicker mount(someone stole my kicker), fuel flow meter, VHF and set up for EZ steer. Trim tabs are a must on mine.
    On long trips I carry an extra battery, Honda generator and a microwave. My pot puller is set up to mount on a downrigger mount. I also have a gimball mount for it.

Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Very nice photos love the lines down dog chilling frame it!!

What are you getting as far as GPH?

ROW I have seen your boat very well equipped

Walked alot of docks this year is your boat in Homer in the pic?

Thank you for the photos.

Thanks and you're welcome.
    I get from 8-12 gph running, I try for 10. Heavy seas can see 16+.

Yep, both taken in Homer.

We had a blast on the 22. The 24 is better and a 27 is on the list, but you'll be safe in it if you take care.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

How much HP in the engine(s)?

Default Seasport photos

Beautiful boat bull buster!!!

Not much for photos of the boat, but you get the idea. 27' SeaMaster with a flying bridge. Family boat, I just take care of some maintenance and keep fresh fuel in it.

Our's is a 2005 24 XL with the 496 - 375 hp. She cruises at approximately 25-27 mph and burn on average 2 - 2.2 miles per gallon. With two 60 gallon tanks the cruising range is huge. Absolutely love the rear helm station and the sliding rear door.

If you are already in Sitka, I can give you a tour of mine. 2006 24ft explorer with a yam F250 off the back. "Chinook" in sealing cove.

Forgot, ours has the VP 740. Get a little better than 2 MPG when cruising around 3,000-3,100 RPM, low 20's. Got the kicker connected to the electrical so if batteries die we can pull start the kicker and charge the system. Also put an ez-steer on the kicker so we can drive from the helm (with no controlling speed... use caution). Some of the bigger improvements were the force 10 heater, with cracked windows the moisture isn't bad. Replacing the canvas cover over the door with some poly sheeting to stop the pooling and dumping also reduced the excitement. Anyone else find some useful upgrades?

The two upgrades I enjoy the most are the rear sliding door option and the macerator fish hold pump. Connected the Yamaha 9.9 HT kicker to the main outdrive with an EZ steer and plumbed the fuel line into the port tank.
    Wired in an electric reel connection for the wife which we all love as you can drop a 7 pound weight down 400-600 feet anytime you find interesting structure.

Last summer I replaced all the brakes (6 total) with Kodiak discs, dacromet rotors and stainless calipers. Press the brake controller and the trailer will stop the Ford Superduty as well as the boat.

Congrats on your new boat! Something that I had on my 22 Osprey, and now on my 27 Pilothouse that I absolutely can't do without is my $40 4' table that you can get at Costco or Sams. I posted two pics to show how it was set up on each boat. (Sorry, but I could not find a pic without fish in it) On my 22 Osprey, I removed the hardware and it sat on a chair pedestal on one end and rested on the stern. On my 27 Pilothouse, I have it across the doghouse. It is so nice to clean fish, and to set your drinks, chips, bait, blah, blah blah on. I fold it up at the end of the trip, and it fits perfectly along the rail. Of all the money I have spent on boats, this was the best bang for the buck for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I spent much of last winter doing the following upgrades: Switched out all of the interior lights to LED, installed CO detector, fire/smoke alarm, engine fume detector, and large screen for Radar, GPS & Sonar for Cockpit. I moved my NavNet screen from a surface mount on the dash to a recessed mount in the dash-which provided me with a much better view from the captains chair. I also installed a wash down pump for the cockpit which came in really handy for both fishing and hunting trips. I installed a Y off the existing seacock and it works like a charm. The pump fits nicely under the Refer and provided great access to clean the pump filter etc. The two things that I would recommend as "must have" are radar and either an EPIRB or a Sat phone. We've been out three times this year when the fog rolled in and although I would prefer to not be out in fog, having radar let us get back safely.
    Ruby at the end of a good day.