Thread: Seasport Accessories and Modifications

Question Seasport Accessories and Modifications

My wife and I are buying a 2001 Seasport 2200 sportsman with a 5.0 volvo DP. we are going to be doing some mods this winter to set it up for some summer fun.

#1-canvis camper any thoughts of pics?

#2-E-Z anchor puller EZ-1000 work ok?

#3-Radar-GPS-combo unit best options for this size boat in the 3-4 grand range?

#4-Downriggers and pot puller options?

#5-cabin heat for when the motor is off?

Thanks for the input.

I can suggest a Electra Dyne pot puller and it will also double as a anchor puller so you can save some bucks for other goodies. Email or give me a call at 775-1692. Dickinson makes a very nice bulkhead mounted propane heater it think its the Newport model.
    Steve

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

If you have the space, Dickinson is the best way to go!!! As for top/cover check with Nomar in Homer they do great work, and can give you great help. For downriggers For the price manual Penn's can't be beat. Electronics, Garmin or Sitex. Check for what can be serviced in your local area. If you have any other questions PM me.

Espar D2 or D4 heater will be plenty of dry heat for you. And they don't take up very much space.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Default EZ vs Edyne

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    I can suggest a Electra Dyne pot puller and it will also double as a anchor puller so you can save some bucks for other goodies. Email or give me a call at 775-1692. Dickinson makes a very nice bulkhead mounted propane heater it think its the Newport model.
    Steve
    Steve's suggestion for an electrodyne is a good one to think about. I used to have a 2400XL with an EZ puller and, while I LOVED having it, that weight on the bow shifted the balance of the boat slightly forward (while at rest). This wasn't any kind of a stability issue, but rain or washdown water on the decks would fall into the forward hold compartment rather than running aft through the channels and out the scuppers (my problem was even more pronounced if I was stowing much gear up in the v-berth). Not sure how this is designed on your boat...but it's something to consider. I'd guess that problem might be even more pronounced on a 22-footer...but you could easily test before making the decision by putting a similar amount of weight (plus the estimated weight of rope, anchor and chain) out on your bow and seeing how it affects the balance.

PLUS, as Steve pointed out, with the edyne you get a pot puller...a definte plus if you're planning to run pots.

Hi I have the same boat and it has the dickerson propane stove it works great. very small and is mounted behind the captains seat on the back wall. also have the back canvas it is great to throw up to get out of the rain and just not to usefull when wanting to fish all the legs are in the way. as for GPS I am also getting ready to upgrade and pretty sure I am going to get the garmin 740s. seams to be the best for price and function and does verything a big chart potter will do for like half the cost.
    if you want PM me your email and I can try sending you some pics if you like
    cheers

Skipper

I would love to see you boat pics. I just got the 740 now time for the heater.