Thread: Anyone want to skin some black bear feet? Will let you help me

Default Anyone want to skin some black bear feet? Will let you help me

I don't need the help, done a ton of bears! But if you're a newbie and have ?'s or just leary of doing your own bear alone some day, I'll let you work on one of my mine, have I think 4 feet with in the freezer I cut off a bear, maybe 6 feet. I had a dog bed made, that's why I have the feet with part of the legs.

So I can pull out and thaw if needed, want to do before halloween so I can pull pranks on neighbors with the skinned out feet! HAHA, they look like humans! So I live in Anchorage and willing to help/meet new hunters. Just a thought.

I would love the education. What time frame are you looking at.

Some evening after work around probly Wed, Thur, or Friday would be best. 7pm so time to catch dinner before starting?

Default skin

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Some evening after work around probly Wed, Thur, or Friday would be best. 7pm so time to catch dinner before starting?
    anyway you could go hunting with me ? need partner I'm on foot would also love to see how you proses your hide and meat

Quote Originally Posted by NeckShot View Post
    anyway you could go hunting with me ? need partner I'm on foot would also love to see how you proses your hide and meat
    Well I was supposed to be out yesterday chasing black bears but I was sick most of the week and sure as poo my head cleared slowly yesterday but its in my chest a bit and working on keeping that cleared. So next weekend, looks to be warming up and there might be some bears to chase, big MIGHT but if nothing else change of plans and hunt bunnies. My dog is legal for both and won't complain either way!

Where do you live? Been in AK long? Have the gear? What's your age? If we get a day nailed down to skill the feet, you can def help then and see some of the process anywyas.

look at my previous post for phone number please call

Not seeing a number in your previous post. A couple more posts and your PM function should be activated. Or contact one of the Mods or BrianM and they should be able to help ya.

Default gear

Not seeing a number in your previous post. A couple more posts and your PM function should be activated. Or contact one of the Mods or BrianM and they should be able to help ya.
    3-06 eight two ----1 four got the gear cant wait to see your bear call any time please and we can talk

How about next monday the 29th? medic2022 is not available til then. Anyone else want to skin a bear paw/ see/ learn how to do it. It really aint that hard, but I left the last knuckle in on a bear and was a pain to do later on. If ya get a bear in the field and have time before packing, it saves weight to skin them out.

Neckshot, was just to busy to call man. Looks like Wed at the soonest. If nobody else wants in and your free this week, can do two feet this week and two feet next week.

Default bear paw

How about next monday the 29th? medic2022 is not available til then. Anyone else want to skin a bear paw/ see/ learn how to do it. It really aint that hard, but I left the last knuckle in on a bear and was a pain to do later on. If ya get a bear in the field and have time before packing, it saves weight to skin them out.

Neckshot, was just to busy to call man. Looks like Wed at the soonest. If nobody else wants in and your free this week, can do two feet this week and two feet next week.
    cool man lets do it give me a shout

Quote Originally Posted by NeckShot View Post
    cool man lets do it give me a shout
    Done Son! Good times? I had fun anyways and with the other guy coulda hung around a bit more, but he probly wouldn't want to get his hands dirty! He's not on here so I can say that! Well man, it was good to meet ya and hope Fri works out and we'll see about the weekend.

Next skinning of feet is Monday the 29th of this month, next week. Will start at 7pm again.

Do you hang them like this, when skinning them?

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Stid, In my garage we did, but in the field, no never have. BUT I kinda liked it!! Great pics man. Learned the idea from your spring post with your son! Meat hook is handy. I used halibut super huge circle hook, worked good and was handy from doin fox before. Usually tho not from car or boat so always have just done when I got home, with all but the two browns we got in 2007. Done mine in camp. Keep up the great posts sir!

Hope your doing well nowadays too!

Done Son! Good times? I had fun anyways and with the other guy coulda hung around a bit more, but he probly wouldn't want to get his hands dirty! He's not on here so I can say that! Well man, it was good to meet ya and hope Fri works out and we'll see about the weekend.
    Really appreciate you hooking me up with your time and knowledge it is priceless to me nice to meet some real strait shooters lots of bad eggs out there this guy isn't one of them and your dog is like five dogs because four dogs cant be that awesome let me know if ya need a hand with anything serious thank you

Thanks for the dogs and the info. Next time i say we cut something.lol

Tomorrow work for you medic2022? Anyone else?