Thread: How many are left.

Wasilla Alaska

Default How many are left.

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's worth a trip to the cottonwood creek area. Are there still birds? Don't mind the walking as I know it's slim picking now. I just don't have the gear to get anywhere else, as I'm still young. I did pretty well early inn the year. Now at a total of 40 ducks and 2 sea ducks. Just hoping to get a few northern green heads if I can but really any birds will make me happy. Would it be worth the trip? If not where should I go? I haven't ever hunted late season I this state.
    Thanks in advance!!

Anchorage, Trapper Creek, Seward

You could walk RS or CWC as mentioned and maybe jump a few greenheads. You also could walk Jims Creek starting at the knick river or along the backwaters down there for some hanging around. I would park down by the river bridge and walk back toward DL or up along the river..might grab a rabbit or two and pick up some birds flying the river system...who knows..
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

There isn't much left thats for darn sure!