Thread: Kenai bears??

Default Kenai bears??

Has anyone been seeing bears down there or is it slow?
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Had some co-workers go down and they only got one small black bear. Said they saw several blackies, just could not close the distance on them. They had brown bear tags, but saw none.

im sure some boars are still hanging around.. but most are gettin ready to go night night

I haven't seen a single brown bear hunting report this fall yet either on this forum, AR or 24hourcampfire. I know spring was real tough with the weather but some folks got some nice brown bears even though success rate was way down (people couldn't get out of their tents due to weather). I wonder if folks just are getting ready for winter, or has it been a tough brown bear season?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckscap View Post
    I haven't seen a single brown bear hunting report this fall yet either on this forum, AR or 24hourcampfire. I know spring was real tough with the weather but some folks got some nice brown bears even though success rate was way down (people couldn't get out of their tents due to weather). I wonder if folks just are getting ready for winter, or has it been a tough brown bear season?
    we shot two the same day. they still are everywhere, the high water helped the bears out alot. so did ppl not hunting away frlm their boats

I was up black bear hunting yesterday and didn't see any. I walked in from Summit glassing as I went but found nothing, the snow was ankle to mid shin deep most of the way. I didn't see any bear tracks in the snow. I did bump into a small brown bear on my return trip about 100 yards from the parking lot. He was feeding on the Mountain Ash berries and High Bush Cranberries that were at the lower elevation. Reminder that brown bear season is closed until the 25th.

i went went out and seen 10 blackies. too high up for this guy though.

did a day hunt today.. i didnt spot any bears.
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)