Thread: k.g.b.

Default k.g.b.

does anyone hunt the end of k.g.b. on the flats if so what would u rate it

Extremely hard work. Sometimes you will be over whelmed with birds. Sometimes you will have nothing to show for the marathon like day.

Quote Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
    does anyone hunt the end of k.g.b. on the flats if so what would u rate it

You are refering to Goose Bay refuge, (don't get confused and enter the new prison), You can do a search here and get info, it is a hike in and no ATV's etc permitted. I would bet however, that one could park at fish creek and take the short hike to the mouth and shoot a mallard or 2 this morning. Never hunted there, but bet it is worth a try. Bud
    Wasilla

yea the refuge but i used to live out near the new prison kinda bumbed they put it there was great hunting expecialy at the end of the road u could pretty much get a coyote any day calling during winter i know someone who owns a bunch of land at the end of the saw mill road they have now moved!

I've never hunted KGB, I'm free Sunday for a walk if anybody is up for a walk and knows how to get there...

i've never walked into it, but the old airstrip is easy to find, just start walking from the west end of it. also a road that goes down to the water, might also park there and walk from there, you can see where you are going from there. Bud
    Wasilla

Like AK Ray said its hard walking and some days well worth it , and others not so much. I've been out there and just got a single or two but also limited out. It seems as though you have to jump shoot a lot unless the birds are really flying good. Opening day out there is hell though. In all it's a pretty good spot to hunt. As I haven't came out of there with at least one bird and I've been there plenty of times