Thread: Check This Out! The Quadski - 4 Wheeler turns into Jetski

Default Check This Out! The Quadski - 4 Wheeler turns into Jetski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq8Fn55axd4

This probably wouldn't hold up too well on the trails we have up here, might not go through the mud too well, the price is most likely outrageous, & not much room to pack things on it ( except the girl! ) It does look cool though.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Yep, they are cool. Read an article on them earlier this week. Expected price is around $40,000.00, girl not included. :-)

I'd bet the ATV part of it is fairly useless here. Did you see how little ground clearance there is (very end of movie)?

And if it was me, while ATVing, I'd crack that hull in no time.

Looks like a cute toy though (the ATV/Jetski, silly!)

Yeah, a cute 'expensive' toy. I didn't notice any headlights on it either? The skid plate on the bottom looked pretty thick, but it certainly wouldn't make it past the first mud hole, or large rock. The idea is a good one though, having a 4 wheeler that could get across lakes or rivers would be great! They just need to work on the design, and lower the price.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Tearbear View Post
    Yeah, a cute 'expensive' toy. I didn't notice any headlights on it either? The skid plate on the bottom looked pretty thick, but it certainly wouldn't make it past the first mud hole, or large rock. The idea is a good one though, having a 4 wheeler that could get across lakes or rivers would be great! They just need to work on the design, and lower the price.
    So what's the biggest attraction? 4 wheels? the way it transforms? speed on water? Cool advertising gimmicks....like the way they showed it running ahead of jet ski ....

Hmm... work on the design. How about a side by side w/ rear seat, 8 wheels instead of 4, tracks... and a few women friends sun bathing .... which has been done and at a lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by Wet eNuf View Post
    So what's the biggest attraction? 4 wheels? the way it transforms? speed on water? Cool advertising gimmicks....like the way they showed it running ahead of jet ski ....
    The way it transforms...I wouldn't buy one, even if I had a big wad of money burning a hole in my pocket. Just thought it looked cool.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Same company, Gibbs has something called a Humdinga that looks like you could at least pack a moose out with it. And no I'm not promoting any sales here.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Wet eNuf View Post
    Hmm... work on the design. How about a side by side w/ rear seat, 8 wheels instead of 4, tracks... and a few women friends sun bathing .... which has been done and at a lower price.
    If you're talking about an Argo, they don't have much power for water travel.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Yet Argo & Muddox have more water power (deep still water) than a 4x4. Add an outboard and gains a little more power on the water.

There are many threads where people look at argo (Mudd ox, etc) and dismiss them in part due to cost... as they buy two 4 wheelers. Was just curious where you drew the line, as the amphibious 4x4 would be more expensive.

Its cool, but is in no way worth $40k. Not when I can spend less and buy a decent truck/Argo type vehicle/trailer and still pocket enough money to put fuel in both and insure for a year or more.