Thread: Interesting movement in the boat building industry

Default Interesting movement in the boat building industry

Because several of these brands are popular in Alaska, thought I'd share this.

"Renaissance Marine Group, Inc., manufacturer of Duckworth, Weldcraft and Northwest Boats, is pleased to announce the successful completion of a change in ownership effective October 1, 2012. Founding shareholders Dan Larson and Jim Moore have completed a private sale of RMG’s stock, together with the RMG factory and real estate, to a Seattle, WA based entity owned by Byron and Sheryl Bolton. The Boltons also own Vernon, British Columbia based WestWinn Group Enterprises, Corp. that builds and distributes KingFisher, KingFisher Multi-Species, HarberCraft and Jetcraft boats."

At least one dealer I spoke to said this will be a good thing for RMG by providing better leadership for the company.

Another company to recently change ownership is the maker of the EZ Anchor Puller that has become popular here in Alaska. The company has moved from Michigan to Pittsburg, PA.

I for one hope this is all good news for these buisnesses.

I don't know about the boat manufacturers but has anyone tried to call EZ Anchor? Unless things have changed, the change was not for the better. I had at least 20 calls and emails to the new owner and finally just gave up and talked to the Ramsey folks to get parts and directions.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisersosei View Post
    I don't know about the boat manufacturers but has anyone tried to call EZ Anchor? Unless things have changed, the change was not for the better. I had at least 20 calls and emails to the new owner and finally just gave up and talked to the Ramsey folks to get parts and directions.
    We will have necessary parts and supplies from Ramsey to build a similar system here shortly only better with a Powdercoated aluminum cover and better quality control switch, all for the less money and built here in AK. We should have some units available by January. If anyone is interested pm me.