Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duck Hunting Club/Organization

Default Duck Hunting Club/Organization

Does anyone know of any duck hunting clubs/organizations in AK, specifically Anchorage. I hunted in CT before moving to AK in 2006, but I have only been once since I moved here. I would love to get back into hunting, but do not know any spots, and do not have a boat or any decoys. Any advice would be appreciated.

Not any specific clubs, other than the many DU chapters and events.. I like the idea though. Might be something to consider in the future.

As many others will tell you...dig into this forum. there are countless hours of information pertaining to the "new waterfowler" coming to Alaska. Look under this forum specifically, do a search for about anything involving location, new duckhunter, new to alaska etc. Good luck and anything specific. PM me after you establish enough post to do so, or just ask away and others will chime in...great forum here in AK and a great number of duckhunters willing to share ideas and experience.

DH01
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

A club like the ones in the States would be interesting. Buy a large ag track from the state DNR. Clear it enough to meet the development rules for agriculture. Build shallow ponds with wetland food plants in the ponds like millet and sago pond weed. Install a pump system to keep it ice free as long as possible. Plant barley around the pond but never harvest it. In essence copy Paul's Pond in eastern washington along the Columbia River.

There was a large track of land with a strip on it for sale that included a part of the southern shore line of Gull Lake. Perfect for a club, except for the fact that they can't own the water rights and Joe Public could hunt from a boat within the property boundaries any time they wanted.

So who want so pony up the first half million in seed money?

little late in the year to start hunting now if you have only hunted once up here everything is startin to freeze up.

and i know a guy who knows a guy whos friends brother does somethings to make alot of money
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman2012 View Post
    Does anyone know of any duck hunting clubs/organizations in AK, specifically Anchorage. I hunted in CT before moving to AK in 2006, but I have only been once since I moved here. I would love to get back into hunting, but do not know any spots, and do not have a boat or any decoys. Any advice would be appreciated.
    The hunters who read and participate on this forum are as close as we have to a hunting club in south central. I think we should all meet once a month at Pizza Man in ER, (pvt meeting area and close to both valley and anch) and drink a few pitchers of beer and have a meeting. You are welcome to be first club president until we can hold elections and vote in Duckman ( or whom ever else is chosen). We could name it the HAYFLAT QUACKERS or some other approPriate name. Bud
    Wasilla

i'm in....or the birchwood saloon! maybe even have a little gear swap meet
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

I'm in too.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Birchwood Saloon gets my vote.

I'm in ..sounds like a great idea, should not be that hard to get something going with some support. I know it would help the local low-dollar waterfowler as well as the new ones that seem to show up annually. holding seminars, meet and greets, coupled by some coordinated hunting trips to different areas. Probably get some great group discounts on certain lodges until we buy our own..

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    The hunters who read and participate on this forum are as close as we have to a hunting club in south central. I think we should all meet once a month at Pizza Man in ER, (pvt meeting area and close to both valley and anch) and drink a few pitchers of beer and have a meeting. You are welcome to be first club president until we can hold elections and vote in Duckman ( or whom ever else is chosen). We could name it the HAYFLAT QUACKERS or some other approPriate name. Bud
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Should I set all this up?!

I can see the Facebook page now..lol

This might work..took me about 3 mins.

The Alaska Duckhunters Association

Nonprofit organization: Mission Statement

Dedicated to the preservation of waterfowl hunting and conservation practices in Alaska. To ensure waterfowl hunting is conducted in a responsible and ethical manner by its members through education, mentorship, and dedication to the preservation of our natural resources. To promote Alaska's Waterfowling heritage to our youth and help protect it for generations to come. DH01

Sounds like a good idea to me... I'm in.
    “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.” Walter Cronkite

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post

Dedicated to the preservation of waterfowl hunting and conservation practices in Alaska. To ensure waterfowl hunting is conducted in a responsible and ethical manner by its members through education, mentorship, and dedication to the preservation of our natural resources. To promote Alaska's Waterfowling heritage to our youth and help protect it for generations to come. DH01
    Amendment: Something about beer?

That would fall under the rules page..lol
    Have to have a mission statement first..then develop rules in which to abide by..have meetings, vote on all that stuff...of course before we drink the beer.

Quote Originally Posted by bkbaker View Post
    Amendment: Something about beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhunter01 View Post

And something promoting predator control

any meeting requires beer, helps the voting go faster. Bud
    Wasilla

sounds like rule #1..lol

AKDUCKMAN, that's where we work with the alaska trappers association and alaska trappers as well....good stuff

Default Kenai

I guess we will have to have a valley chapter and kenai chapter. Long drive for a meetin! At least until I get my plane.

So...when's the first meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by Halohandler View Post
    Birchwood Saloon gets my vote.

Does the birchwood saloon have a meeting area, or would we just get a table at the end of the room. Bud
    Wasilla

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast