Thread: 2013 Moose Hunt

Default 2013 Moose Hunt

Since my 2012 moose hunt didn't quite go like I had planned, I've already starting thinking about next year's moose hunt. I don't think I will do a lake hunt again and have been thinking about possibly a ridge hunt or a float hunt. I don't have any experience floating rivers but that has never stopped me before from trying new things. I really enjoy the planning portion of the hunts also.
    There will likely be 2-3 of us in my party, all non-residents. We will be trying to keep our budget at about 3-4k$ each, not including flying roundtrip into Anchorage/Fairbanks. We are experienced hunters that are more interested in meat in freezer opportunity and the adventure than trophy opportunity. what type of hunt and which unit do you think you would choose if in my shoes? Alaska is ginourmous and it's difficult to decide which unit would be best for our next adventure.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fish_hunter View Post
    Since my 2012 moose hunt didn't quite go like I had planned, I've already starting thinking about next year's moose hunt. I don't think I will do a lake hunt again and have been thinking about possibly a ridge hunt or a float hunt. I don't have any experience floating rivers but that has never stopped me before from trying new things. I really enjoy the planning portion of the hunts also.
    There will likely be 2-3 of us in my party, all non-residents. We will be trying to keep our budget at about 3-4k$ each, not including flying roundtrip into Anchorage/Fairbanks. We are experienced hunters that are more interested in meat in freezer opportunity and the adventure than trophy opportunity. what type of hunt and which unit do you think you would choose if in my shoes? Alaska is ginourmous and it's difficult to decide which unit would be best for our next adventure.
    Thanks
    Back when I was new to hunting here I hired a hunt planner. It was money well spent, they provide about everything, the cost split between 3 guys would be very affordable. They provide, spot, maps, intel, air taxi etc.... These guys have years of experience and that makes a huge difference when you are trying to have a hunt of a life time.

The owner of this site Michael Strahan would be my first choice.

http://www.alaskahuntplanning.com/Lo...pany/Home.html

I also would recommend Larry Bartlet of Pristine adventures. I used Larry for my first moose float hunt and have no regrets and if I had it to do over I would use their services again.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I agree with Stid2677