Thread: Ruger 375 Alaskan--Anyone seen them yet?

Question Ruger 375 Alaskan--Anyone seen them yet?

Anybody seen one of these? Are they out yet? I have seen the African but nothing else.

I saw on Ruger's website they are doing two different finishes.

MT3006

My uderstanding is the Alaskan and the LH version of the African will come out in mid-07'...

Default 375 Ruger Alaskan

I just bought one from a local gun dealer. $790.

KatzMO

Default Chimos guns

had them. they got two in Monday and both were GONE by 1230 today. I stopped by to take a look this afternoon and they were already sold.....still looking.

Quote Originally Posted by grousehunter View Post
    had them. they got two in Monday and both were GONE by 1230 today. I stopped by to take a look this afternoon and they were already sold.....still looking.
    I saw you there today.

Quote Originally Posted by KatzMO View Post
    I just bought one from a local gun dealer. $790.

KatzMO

Must mean it's mid 07'! Better get ahold of the dealer I use and see about getting my lefty 375 Ruger....

Default 375 Alaskan

I ordered mine 8 months ago. Ruger sent my dealer an African the 1st time around, thinking it wouldn't make a difference. I sent it packing and waited for the Alaskan version.

You will love it. Well balanced, shoulders fast. I like the feel. Some guns fit you and some guns just don't.

It might sound crazy, but a new gun is like a new baseball glove to me. You have to break it in. I carry a new gun around for weeks, where ever I go, to get the feel of it, practicing mock shots, shouldering the gun hundreds of time. It becomes a part of me, an extension of my body. You just can't do it with the neighbors around. They start to whisper and head back in the house. ;O)

Its always good to keep you neighbors guessing and at a safe distance though.

I don't think I have a gun that shoulders as well as this gun. I really like the v-notch and front WHITE bead. The grip is a little more hooked than most rifles, but I like it. It feels like I have more control.

I'll carry a black magic marker in my pocket on any hunting trip to color the front bead black If I ever get into a snowy condition with the gun.

The over molded stock is sticky. I like that too. Better for gripping in wet conditions.

Debating on what scope to put on it now.

I don't like shooting much past 200 yards, so a 3x9 should do me good. I just want a scope as rugged as the gun.

One thing I have noticed about the gun that kinda concerns me. It doesn't take much force to push the stock forend against the barrel. In a hunting situation, using a rock or a tree as a prop, I wouldn't want to move the barrel, by pushing against the stk, throwing the shot off.

One disappointing thing about the gun. Ruger forgot to stamp "ALASKAN" anywhere on the gun like they did the Alaskan revolver.

You made a good choice, I'll kill a brown bear with mine some day,

KatzMO

Default They have arrived

Boondocks in ER has the ones purchased at the Show. Heading down there to get mine today.

Looking forward to all your feedback/reviews.

Default How Many?

Quote Originally Posted by Daveintheburbs View Post
    Boondocks in ER has the ones purchased at the Show. Heading down there to get mine today.
    I just ordered mine from Boondocks last week, I was number 5 on the list so I was just wondering how many they got in.

I saw one at my local dealer in Kenai (Gator Guns) last night. It looks like a matte stainless/synthetic. Didn't notice price or how many or if he had the other models as I wasn't interested.
    If someone's looking his # is 283-7947.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I was #3 on the list as I recall. Apparently Ruger is still having some growing pains with this rifle. The first couple Boondocks got in had the matt grey finish used on their varmint rifles vice the matt black. I passed on one of those and lo and behold later that day at least one black one showed up. So far I have not had a chance to fire it. (The search for cases continues.) But my initial impressions are good. Seems to fit well and points naturally. The Hogue stock seems to have more of an abrupt pistol grip than I am used to, but I can’t decide if I care or not. The new trigger, while not great, is better than the previous one as Murphy has reported. I got to roll up some ammo and get it down to the range!

Dave

Talking Got Mine

Stopped in at Boondocks yesterday to check on the status of my 375 and lo and behold there it was. Picked it up and 2 boxes of 300 grain soft points. I haven't shot it yet. It is a very good looking functional rifle. I'm very impressed so far.[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

that thing is beautiful, im really impressed with rugers new products. im about to buy an all weather Hawkeye in .358 Win.

Nice looking rifle,what kind of scope are you gonna use?

Default Not Sure about optics

I really haven't decided if I want to add glass to it or not. The express sites on it, shallow v in the rear witha vertical white line and a big white dot in the front seem to work pretty well. The line up real quick and point of aim seems to come naturally when I shoulder the rifle. However, if I do decide to put a scope on there it will be a Leupold in something like a 2-7 or 1.5-5. something small, I don't intend to shoot very far.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Got mine a couple weeks ago..$790...shot a box of 270 grain thru it on the first day..the open sights work nice and are easy to dial in . It kicks a tad with just a t-shirt on. I may put a limb-saver recoil pad on it, but I will shoot serveral more boxes before I modify anything. The 20" barrel should be great to carry in the brush. so far, so good.