Thread: Loving this!

Smile Loving this!

This has been my first season of duck hunting, and I have to say, it has to be some of the most fun stuff I've ever done! Got out and explored some new areas, and found some pretty solid duck-producing spots. That was early September; fast forward to now, and I've taken over twenty of my first birds in this past month and a half. I loved it enough to pick up a new Benelli Nova this past weekend in replacement of my dad's 870 I've been using. Looking forward to many more seasons of ducks to come! Even went for a nice two hour walk after school this afternoon, and picked up a couple dandy mallards. I've learned a lot from posts on this forum, so thank you guys a lot!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ryan from Wasilla

Ryan, congradulations on having a successful season, my first season wasn't near as productive as yours. Hope you enjoy many year of duck hunting and end up teaching it to your childred also. Bud
    Wasilla

That's awesome, man. Congrats. Sounds like you've had better hunting your first season than I've had the last five years! Good on ya. -Gr
    My signature is awesome.

My first time duck hunting I was walking some grass flats hoping to jump shoot a few birds. A flock of widgeon jumped in front of me, I pulled up and shot and one dropped. I thougth, this is easy....... What followed was number of years where I couldn't hit a thing. Congrats on a successful first season.
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Thank you guys for the compliments! All I've been doing is jump shooting these things, so next season, I'd like to try some calling over decoys or something new. Also, mallards are the only types I've been able to find. So maybe next year I'll try and find some new areas with a little bigger variety. Learning about this all has been awesome!
    Ryan from Wasilla