Thread: big lake

Default big lake

so big lake is my ice fish hot spot huge lake gotta find the spot i move around got lots and logged every day in a journal for 7 years but open water not alot maybe 12 times done ok mostly shore but im going tomarow morn for a lil while try my winter spots and some others on the lake that should be good rite now due to dieing salmon char should be great big lake has the biggest chat and fattest rainbows when u get in them just slow but i know whats there i use i under water cam so i wanna know about others big lake times hints for this time of year im gunna put some time in before ice ducks are almost done geese are moveing wich adds to another question has anyone seen anyone hunting birds on meadow creek is it leagal

We only caught and released 9 rainbows in the 20" range that were just plump and colorful as can be in about 4 hrs or so last weekend. Most were caught on spoons or kwikfish trolling in less than 10' of water.

tube jigs work better, fish the shallows right now. You can get a bunch of fish if you use tube jigs and hit the top of the drop offs.

Default big lake

How thick is the ice?

Default big lake

Lol nvm should have read more

0 inches atm I think :P

Default big lake

Quote Originally Posted by AllAlaskan View Post
    0 inches atm I think :P
    Haha in time i guess

I ran out there tonight, not sure on how thick it is as it was dark and I just drove onto the boat launch so the head lights would hit the water/ice and at North Shore on Biglake there was ice tonight. Looked to be about an inch. Some one tried to drive out onto the dang ice with what looked like a four wheeler and broke through a few feet from the shore and chopped it all up at the launch and didnt look to thick.