Thread: tripods

Default tripods

Greetings everyone from Montana. I just recently bought a Zeiss 85t with the 20x75 eyepiece spotting scope. I was wondering if anyone here can tell me what a good tripod is. I have read several forums here and everyone has one they like best. I have looked at a few Slik and Velbon ones on the internet and not sure what to get. I would like to keep it under 20" so it would fit in my backpack and that it is lightweight. I would to hear what everyone would recommend and if I need any special adaptor's with it. I would like to buy a package that has the head and tripod together for this first time. I do have one of Zeiss aluminum tripods and it is to big and heavy to pack. Dan

I am very happy with the Outdoorsman's tripod. See here:

Mine has held up well to hard usage in the field. I can endorse in good faith.
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for the shadow is mine and so is the valley. Thy Glock and thy M14 comfort me in days of civil unrest and terror

Fairbanks Area

You have a fairly heavy scope, so make sure you get a tripod that will support it, if you don't the movement caused by wind will cancel out the effectiveness of your fine scope.

I use a Gitzo Carbon Fiber Tripod G1028 with a Manfrotto head.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member