Thread: tides

Default tides

ive hunted almost solid for about 3 weeks in the same spot primarily right up against the water and have noticed birds to be movieing during the same tide phases each day progressivly. any reason why or is it just coincidental?

Quote Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
    ive hunted almost solid for about 3 weeks in the same spot primarily right up against the water and have noticed birds to be movieing during the same tide phases each day progressivly. any reason why or is it just coincidental?
    You are not being specific enough for me to come to much opinion of your statement, but tide movement does affect the movement of birds, have noticed this for years. tides cover and uncover real estate. Bud
    Wasilla

agree with bud. if you kill'n birds you will have to bring me with and i will let you know if the tide gets the birds moving or not
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

was it this obvious

just poking fun TS...seems tou educated yourself on hunting tidal flats. where are the pics?

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    You are not being specific enough for me to come to much opinion of your statement, but tide movement does affect the movement of birds, have noticed this for years. tides cover and uncover real estate. Bud
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Young Grasshopper your are starting to make progess on understanding waterfowl.

Congrads. It should make you feel good that your not just shooting ducks but your learning some of the things that make them do what they do.
    One of the things that will never get old to me is that feeling of accomplishment that I learned somthing new about my pray today. Sure someone could tell you this or you could read about that but when you figure it out on your own it means much more. Gives my brain that warm feeling inside

i do alot of walking and scouting so i usualy have no decoys in toe and limited on time alot of days do usualy go early as i said in a previouse post im totaly new started last year and dont know any one that does it so all on my own most recently found the choke in my rem 887 waterfowl is prety much equaly to a smooth bore bad set up bought a full the other day does great snow geese were out today as well as plenty of ducks i actualy set up today had to leave before wanted but low tide so far every day brings geese they come from two ways were im at a t one way low on the watter the other fairly high but half land in they inlet from bolth and the snow geese come from the opposite direction on the same path of the ones that fly low ducks move most on low tide as i see as well lots of migrators rite now and im no good at calling ducks so they just keep going after a few slite turns

Sounds like some of you DIEHARDS need to round up this new waterfowler and give him a hand at killing birds..

Good job TS...
    PS you must of done that last message from a phone or something...rough to read. thought I ws getting a message over the blue force tracker

i do alot of walking and scouting so i usualy have no decoys in toe and limited on time alot of days do usualy go early as i said in a previouse post im totaly new started last year and dont know any one that does it so all on my own most recently found the choke in my rem 887 waterfowl is prety much equaly to a smooth bore bad set up bought a full the other day does great snow geese were out today as well as plenty of ducks i actualy set up today had to leave before wanted but low tide so far every day brings geese they come from two ways were im at a t one way low on the watter the other fairly high but half land in they inlet from bolth and the snow geese come from the opposite direction on the same path of the ones that fly low ducks move most on low tide as i see as well lots of migrators rite now and im no good at calling ducks so they just keep going after a few slite turns
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

TS, was that full choke designed for steel shot? The only reason I bring it up is because a full choke with steel shot can damage your barrel.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

yes sir and actualy found a extra full for steel there just a lil spendy. i did learn that one years ago shooting slugs and buck shot from a full good luck getting it out!

your gun must first be a steel safe barrel and watch the the size of shot 4 is max recomended on the choke i bought

most don't like a full choke with steel shot, steel makes a tighter pattern then lead anyhow, if you hit consistantly with full choke and steel, you must be a hell of a good shot. I use improved and happy with it, actually i have to be happy with it, it is rusted in my barrel and can't get it out, most likely will ship barrel to factory for removal after season is over. Bud
    Wasilla

dont know how rusted or the finish but have heard a small shot of starter fluid at the bottom of the choke and a match with the bolt open but have no idea unfortanatly the choke i expaned was fixed on a sears 16 ga couldnt try it though i dont think i would mite burn the .... out of ur self and may not work or just discolor/ruin ur gun who knows