Thread: Eklutna moose hunters, any luck?

Default Eklutna moose hunters, any luck?

Just wondering if these rigs parked up and down the road are filling any tags? Yes? Pics?

Just curious, as I have not seen a moose around here in a while, was wondering if any of you noticed a decline in pop.? Seeing lots of bears this summer up here too, that cant be good. Did see my first Lynx of the fall the other day. They must be on the rise, rabbits and grouse have been nill this summer.

A friend took a 41" bull at the beginning of October. I was out last Saturday and saw a large bull. There were three other moose with him. I couldn't see if they were all cows, but one of them was smaller than the others. They were really far away. Then the clouds rolled in and white-out conditions.
    Met a young man who had gone after a black bear that appeared on the mountainside behind the parking lot. It disappeared into heavy brush, and he didn't get to shoot.

Nice, and congrats! 21* here this morning, very frosty and with the snow the other day tracking should be easy. Low ceiling right now, but just had a SC fly up the valley at 100' above the tree's. Going to glass this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by emrdux View Post
    A friend took a 41" bull at the beginning of October. I was out last Saturday and saw a large bull. There were three other moose with him. I couldn't see if they were all cows, but one of them was smaller than the others. They were really far away. Then the clouds rolled in and white-out conditions.
    Met a young man who had gone after a black bear that appeared on the mountainside behind the parking lot. It disappeared into heavy brush, and he didn't get to shoot.

AKSLDOG Have you seen any bears lately. Was in there the first week of Oct and counted 3 but with the clouds and weather blowing in could not keep them in site to finish. Looking to go back this weekend.

2 of the 4 have been taken. I turned in my tags today after many failed attemps
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Yep, pretty hard NOT seeing a bear up here this summer. Had a real nice Blackie on the hill yesterday around 3:00, seen him a couple times. Are you looking for Grizz or Blackies?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergy View Post
    AKSLDOG Have you seen any bears lately. Was in there the first week of Oct and counted 3 but with the clouds and weather blowing in could not keep them in site to finish. Looking to go back this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    Yep, pretty hard NOT seeing a bear up here this summer. Had a real nice Blackie on the hill yesterday around 3:00, seen him a couple times. Are you looking for Grizz or Blackies?
    Blackies PM or email me I have a couple other Questions for you.