Thread: Frozen yet?

Default Frozen yet?

Has Maude and DL frozen up yet? I still haven't made it out. I'd like one trip this year but nothing has worked out. Has Mother Nature shut the door yet?

JM

Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Dawg View Post
    Has Maude and DL frozen up yet? I still haven't made it out. I'd like one trip this year but nothing has worked out. Has Mother Nature shut the door yet?

JM
    Not yet, some ice, but looming at the forecast it will be in a few days, by the end of the week for sure.

hit the rivers and back water sloughs along them for divers etc.
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

yesterday the smaller and shallow areas had ice, but the big open water was clear, where there was ice, it was thin, no problem for my boat with 6 hp to go though it. calling for continued freezing at night all week, that may lock it up depending on how cold it actually gets. Maude gets colder faster then the hayflats and will freeze up earlier. Bud
    Wasilla

I'm going to try again this weekend, ice or no ice for divers. Possibly head to whittier and do some exploring out there..

I bet it's frozen now. I'm going to run down the slough today or tomorrow just to see. I really wish there were some lakes to hunt around Wasilla.

JM

DL has thin ice in shallow areas, open in deeper areas as of yesterday. Jim lakes is mostlikely froze but creeks should be open. I'm waiting for creeks to freeze solid and will go back out then and give it a try. Bud
    Wasilla

I didn't go down RS but I drove out to Maude. It is frozen around the edges but open as far out as I could see. Likely be there tomorrow. I know a couple guys were out there today. Anybody on here? I stood and watched for a few minutes and didn't see a thing. I heard swans in the distance. Gonna be cold tonight. Hopefully there is enough open tomorrow for me to find a spot to hunt with my little rig.

JM

Usually some good hunting can be had when conditions are like this...surprised more are not out there.

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    DL has thin ice in shallow areas, open in deeper areas as of yesterday. Jim lakes is mostlikely froze but creeks should be open. I'm waiting for creeks to freeze solid and will go back out then and give it a try. Bud
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I will be out this weekend.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.